Horrible day

by 88JM 24 Replies latest jw friends

• 88JM
    88JM

I just had to come on here and vent - I'm having a horrible day.

Firstly, had to sit through a horrible public talk about obedience to the "superior authorities" (whoever they decide that is this week) - all kinds of crazy stuff taking verses in Romans way out of context.

Then had to sit through that hideous Watchtower defending David. One brother actually used the words "we want to follow in David's footsteps" - I was nearly ready to vomit. Just a total gloss-over. I wonder what those 70,000 people, or Uriah, or Uzzah or Tamar would have to say about that horrible guy.

So after the meeting I thought I need to go and chill out by myself and have a nice lunch somewhere. I pulled up to restaurant and guess who's there? Yeah - the dubs. Too late to back out - they've already seen me. So there goes my idea for nice time on my own to chill out. Could it get worse? Oh yeah.

So we're sat eating and the subject of urban myths comes up. I had to mention one that was in the public talk which the speaker quoted as "fact". Then it moves on to JW-related urban myths. The elder opposite me brings up examples of dodgy illustrations and pictures like ones in the Live Forever book - I was trying to hold back and not say anything.

Then he mentions: "Oh there was that programme on TV that said JWs now accepted blood transfusions, and JWs started ringing up bethel". And I was really biting my tongue wanting to go for him on accepting blood fractions.

It got even worse from there. I can't remember if it was the elder, or someone else who mentioned the (referring to Panorama) program about child abuse in the JWs. The elder then starts to make a defense for the policy of not reporting, "what are we supposed to do? it's nothing to do with us..." and everyone else around the table pretty much nodding in agreement.

I really wanted to say something, I really did. I cannot belive I sat and ate a meal with these people and heard that conversation - I wouldn't give them the time of day if it was up to me. I feel so horrible right now, and today is just getting worse.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Forgive yourself.. I couldnt have kept my mouth closed but I am told "silence is golden"
    Why do you continue to go to that? I would think it is hurting YOU!!! especially when you feel guilty
    Cheer up! MY GOD!!!! >>Jesus Christ KNOWS you, so ask HIM to guide ,lead & direct your next meeting with them.
    They are ( most of them) very good folk,they have just had their minds captured poor souls they need our
    prayers,,,

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am so glad I was DF'd. This sort of crap would drive me insane. I attended a handful of meetings after waking up and it was torturous, how you guys can do this week after week amazes me.

As for the urban myths, I remember an elder talking about the 1 day gap discovered by NASA, which was apparently proof of the sun standing still. I simply went onto Snopes and and showed him the whole story was complete and utter BS, and warned him about propogating lies!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Waking up to the Truth about "The Truth" (TTATT) is painful.

I don't know you're story. Why do you attend if you don't believe?

00DAD

• 88JM
    88JM

Thanks Mouthy - that means a lot. I really don't know how much longer I can keep quiet. It's soul-destroying letting these comments slip past as it feels like I'm giving it my tacit approval. Every time I don't speak up, it's like a small part of me dies a little inside. (cliché but true)

• 88JM
    88JM

00DAD - s till getting around to writing part 2 of my story.

My family are all JWs and I'm still living at home with my parents (I'm 23). Having to do a slow fade at the moment, but building up my support base of friends if things turn sour.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

A slow fade is painful. It's like s-l-o-w-l-y ripping a band-aid off a scab.

But I completely understand your reasons. Hang in there. It get's better.

In reference to your "soul-destroying" comment to Mouthy, I would ask you to consider looking at it from a different perspective: You've been asleep and now you're waking up. The pain you feel is part of that process. As you get stronger, it will lessen. It takes time, but you will heal.

00DAD

• cantleave
    cantleave

Are you in the UK?

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's soul-destroying letting these comments slip past as it feels like I'm giving it my tacit approval. Every time I don't speak up, it's like a small part of me dies a little inside. (cliché but true)

So why not just do a fast fade or DA? Why go through this?

• 88JM
    88JM

cantleave - I'm in the north of Scotland. I would love to DA, but my parents would most certainly kick me out of the house. I'm trying to find a place of my own, but it's not easy in these parts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit