Do the GB 2.0 Travel First Class? What Do You Know About That?

by Scott77 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scott77
    Scott77

I know Bethelites have signed a vow of poverty and recieve about $100 monthly stipends. However, when it comes to air travel, does the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses aka Watchtower Society in New York State (GB 2.0) travel first class? What Do You Know About That?

Scott77

• zeb
    zeb

I have seen mentions to this effect but I know nothing more.

• blondie
    blondie

Speakers (and wives) from Bethel at

1) Circuit assemblies

2) District conventions

3) Other conventions

4) Dedication of KHs, Assembly Halls

I was told that the congregation, circuit, district, etc., pay for air travel (first class), hotels, food.

I know that in the case of 3 KH dedications, it was first class and paid by the congregation.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/6211/1/THE-GOVERNING-BODY-EXPOSED

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

I am told, although I have no personal knowledge of this, that the GB members tend to be rather frugal in their habits and in their staying at hotel accomodation. The WBTS foots the bill. But they do have access to a credit amount that is not disclosed, and which can be quite generous.

This has not always been so, however. The last of the flamboyant leaders of the WBTS was Nathan Knorr, and he always travelled first class, and insisted that the society book two seats! Evidently he hated travelling with anyone beside him, so he kept the set next to him while he sat by the window.

He was also quite the man about town and a blatant sybarite. He enjoyed Saturday nights at the Broadway theatres, where he had special seats set aside for himself and any guests he had. He also evidently had a yacht donated by a Watchtower Follower, where he entertained suppliers for Watchtower material. All entertainment paid for by the Society.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...The last of the flamboyant leaders of the WBTS was Nathan Knorr, and he always travelled first class, and insisted that the society book two seats! Evidently he hated travelling with anyone beside him, so he kept the set next to him while he sat by the window..."
    moggy lover

First class seats like this above is very expensive and most of the times, are booked by top business executives like WallStreet, Google and IBM. This raises the question of motives of the WTS leaders. Are they leading by example? For a religious leader, this is the greatest irony of all time.

Scott77

• CADSkin
    CADSkin

"The last of the flamboyant leaders of the WBTS was Nathan Knorr, and he always travelled first class, and insisted that the society book two seats! Evidently he hated travelling with anyone beside him, so he kept the set next to him while he sat by the window. "

Actually the airline paid for the 2nd seat. Would you want to be in that seat on a long flight?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It may happen on occasion that some traveling Bethel Branch heads fly first class but it shouldn't be assumed

to be a typical event. It has been noted that J Rutherford when travailing always took first class when traveling

by train or ship passage, not to forget to mention his two very expensive Cadillacs, he drove himself or was chauffeured around in.

This is one of the perks of being a Branch head or a GB member, having your air flight paid for by the organization and able to travel

to distant parts of the world, only to be brown nosed when you arrive by lower status subservient drones.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I do know that they use the frequent flyer points for their own private travel. The ones I knew did not fly first class though.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"... J Rutherford when travailing always took first class when traveling

by train or ship passage, not to forget to mention his two very expensive Cadillacs, he drove himself or was chauffeured around in.

This is one of the perks of being a Branch head or a GB member, having your air flight paid for by the organization and able to travel..."

Finkelstein

This raises the question of motives of the WTS leaders. Are they leading by example? They do not have any right to lecture on how to lead our lives. Shame on them.

Scott77

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

We had a member of the Governing Body come to town for a few days to dedicate our new Kingdom Hall. He stayed in a decent hotel - the kind I would stay in as a budget traveler. He rode to meetings in the back of a sister's minivan with several other older ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit