TURN YOUR LETTER OF DA INTO THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER !

by new boy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

WHAT IF

INSTEAD OF TURNING IN YOUR LETTER OF DISASSOCIATION TO THE LOCAL KINGDOM HALL YOU WROTE AND TURNED YOUR LETTER IN TO THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER. WHY PLAY MY THEIR RULES? BESIDES YOU MADE A PUBLIC BAPTISM, WHY NOT MAKE A PUBLIC UNBAPTISM? INSTEAD OF 100 PEOPLE IN THE LOCAL KH WHO DON’T LIKE YOU, YOU COULD HAVE 300,000 OR MORE THAT THINK YOU’RE A HERO!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Won't work. The real world doesn't give a shit about that stuff.

Farkel

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

newboy,

Please don't take offense for being treated like a "newboy". Farkel, while usually right, is sometimes like that blunt bethel overseer you used to hate.

WHY NOT MAKE A PUBLIC UNBAPTISM?
    Great idea! Will it work?

Our baptism was into an ORGANIZATION that most people on earth know little about and the rest do not care. So our "UNBAPTISM" will likely have the same impact.

Still a good thought. Don't give up!

Jst2laws

• Farkel
    Farkel

jst2laws,

: Farkel, while usually right, is sometimes like that blunt bethel overseer you used to hate.

I disagree. I disagree that I was EVER like that "blunt Bethel overseer." If I act like that, you have my permission to either whack me or shoot me, whichever you choose.

The "blunt Bethel overseer" and myself have nothing in common. That overseer wants to invalidate and hurt people. This person wants to challenge people and empower them to be the best they can be.

I'm hurt that you said that.

Farkel

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Farkel is right, like he is about nearly everything Borg related.

No one cares what a minor relgion does and who leaves or joins. No ones knows what their message is despite a billion hours spent walking between houses, sitting in cars and chatting in coffee shops. The only people who think the Watchtower is important is the people who attend the Kingdom Hall...OK, some of the people who attend the Kingdom Hall. To them the seven trumpet blasts in Revelation really were resolutions at International Bible Student conventions in the 1920s. International Bible Who's? I hear 6 billion people asking!

Thirdson

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Gets in line to wack Fark !!!

Ven

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching!!!"

• Will Power
    Will Power

You are right that most people don't give a shit about stuff like this but MOST people do care when they see someone in pain, dying or have been treated unjustly. And ALOT of those MOST people show support in some way. And SOME even go out of their way to help. Then a FEW go beyond and make a difference. Society is packed with examples. MADD for one. One mother made a difference.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Fark,

This person wants to challenge people and empower them to be the best they can be.

Totally agree, that is you. I'm sorry to offend you.

Newboy,
    While Farkel was only 'challenging you to be the best you can be'
    (really, he is good at that) your bethel overseers (especially the turkey in laundry) was challenging you to be the worst you can be. You took a stand against him.

Farkel is blunt but challenging you to grow.

Jst2laws

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

I actually think it is a good idea. That way, those that someone has shunned for years, will now know.
    The world doesn't care, but the apostofest folks do.
    ofcmad

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

i dunno, i think newboy has something that 'could' work - it depends on whether anything similar has been done locally and also - the key point - does the story stimulate the interest of the local paper - they look for human-interest stories and depending on your reason for da-ing, you may well have a killer of a story that they'll go for - plus some local papers are so sad they will print anything - i have seen a local book-study listed in the 'holyhead and anglesey mail' ! ! !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit