TURN YOUR LETTER OF DA INTO THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER !

by new boy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

I agree wth Farkel-- up to a point. Many medium-sized newspapers have Religion correspondents, and when faced with a slow news week, will grasp at any story with a local angle. That's when we see items about quick-build Kingdom Halls showing up, for example. I've been a journalist, and I know what it's like staring down at a blank piece of paper (or PC file in todays's world) and wonderng what I should write this week.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I wish to disagree about not putting it in the papers. When I left there was a whole page entitled "Open Road To Jehovah"With my picture & a picture of all my kids( which included the one that must shun me)It told the story of Why I was "ousted" told some of the tenants of what the JWs believed.My phone rang off the hook .With Churches wanting me to give my testimony at their churches.That was in 1990-( I was ousted in 87-went through hell-thinking I was evil
    until I went to exJWs convention -found out I was not alone)
    I now have a great support group- we truly love each other- It all started from the "Record" publication. Make those years "pay off" that you think you wasted.

• LDH
    LDH

MOUTHY!!!!!!

Wow! Maybe you can teach that old dip-fuck dog Farkel some new trick after all! ;)

Any chance in hell of getting a scan of that article? If you don't want to show your pix that's cool too--block 'em out.

Lisa

• 2SYN
    2SYN

LDH: Take it easy...

Depends on the paper, in my opinion. Like Farkel mentioned so eloquently , most people don't care. But if you can get through to the ones that DO, you're made. Good luck, whatever you do. See you at the next Apostofest!

[SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa - For Great Justice!

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Touche Farkel, and I admit you are righ............again

"I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger.....Ooh La La,,,"

• dedalus
    dedalus

Given that most letters of disassociation are long-winded, self-important, melodramatic, and rather badly written, I really hope they wouldn't get published. But, if you're set on getting published and spreading the truth about the troof, why not write a simple, pithy letter to the editor, especially if you can make a connection to a (JW-related) article that newspaper has published. That way, your letter serves both the needs of the paper and the needs of the writer.

Dedalus

• Deleted
    Deleted

Well I am up for it. Here in Oregon with 10 xjws having been slaughtered in the past 3 months, so there is geuine interest. If I were still counting my time I would have pulled up the Estacada congregation's hours this month. I think that a short pithy letter of disassociation signed by as many as makes sense in the form of an obituary (with enough black humor that many disinterested folks would enjoy reading it anyway) would be worth the money it would probably cost to take out the ad.

Deleted.

• LDH
    LDH

Syn,

I forgot to format my grin! It's there, just look! It was a joke....

Lisa

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Is there a line to WACK slip?

Venice? Well? Is there?

Slipnslidemaster: "Easter so longed for is gone in a day."
    - James Howell

• mouthy
    mouthy

LDH -I dont know how to scan these things.All I can do on the net is follow this chat- play "freecell"& e-mail folks( I told you all- it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.)Another time
    The Toronto paper put a BIG picture of me standing in front of a K Hall- with the heading " Fighting with Jehovahs Witnesses" You guys in Toronto must have seen it. ( I am the chief apostate up here in Ontario (the WT loves me.)....roltfl
    Also I wrote an article to the Brooklyn paper - they also published it. (telling what the WT does to folk. I must say all you children didnt follow the rules as to what the Watchtower taught us
    PUBLIZE! PUBLISH & PUBLIZE!!!!I still obey that order...But I will try to get someone to put it up LHD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit