Be Careful, Demons are in EVERYTHING!

by TeenageInsider 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

my parents always says that demons are everywhere! It's getting quite annoying! For example:

They claims demons are in Smurfs? And they say that one time a Smurf walked in a KH, said "F*CK this SH*T" , and ran all over the stage! (How stupid do you have to be to beleive this actually happened)

Whenever there are arguments, or fights in the home they always say "Did you bring anything home from school?" or "have you been watching demonic shows" as to sugest that a toy brought a demon, who then possessd our family! It's like they'd rather blame a demon, than talk out issues or problems we have from time to time.

i feel bad for the demons, they probably get blamed for S*** they dont even do. :(

Yesterday someone was watching a show that involved a Phsycic medium, and my dad said "OMG! Turn it OFF! I DONT WANT DEMONS IN MY HOME!"

As if to say demons and satan are leaping out of the millions of tv screens around the world. What a busy life for a demon! sheesh

they are even ANTI-Yard sale, becuase there's demons lurking in that pair of used socks. YIKES!

Im getting really pissed off over this fascination with demons! I almost want to call one down to talk with one, to see what kind of stuff they actually do. hmpf!!

What do you think about all this? When you were my age, did your parents go all buck-wild over those pesky demons?

- Ti

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I married into a family like that! One time I returned a library copy of "Watership Down" (it's a fantasy story about rabbits) because my husband was convinced there was a demon in the book that caused us to argue.

You might enjoy my blog post about the fear of the demons: The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses: The Demons (Cue Scary Music)

• Satanus
    Satanus

My dad was demon phobic, like your mom. Me, i'm a pantheist - 'god' is in everything. Heh heh. Guess dubs would dissagree. But, when you think about, god is supposed to have created everything and sustaining it; we humans are supposed to be in his image; isn't it more likely that god would be in stuff, rather than demons? But, if you don't believe in 'god' that's ok, too.

S

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

My mom was kind of like that. She thought that most wordly music was demonized. When I was a kid she made me destroy a Nirvana CD that she found in my room. She listened to some of it and concluded that it was demonic. Made me break it myself and throw it in the trash. I also had to break some other CDs at times. She also thought that there were a lot of underground demonic cults that used to get their messages from playing records backwards and hearing hidden messages. I think KISS and Black Sabbath were the ones that were supposed to be the main culprits. I guess Satan and his demons weren't smart enough to prevent the technology switch away from vinyl records that must have foiled their communication with followers.

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

Has anyone ever experienced a demon? or seen one? just asking...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

KISS and Black Sabbath were the main culprits in my era; but the Doors, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead were all on the JW shitlist for demonism.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yes. My mom was a freak about everything demon. We had to be careful not to invite them in through the TV. We’d be watching a show and something “demonic” would come on and she’d turn the channel for a few minutes then back once the “demonic” part was over. Really?! The demons are going to jump through the TV at ONLY that moment and we’re safe now that its over? She would burn books if they had anything spiritistic in it. Anything bought from yard sales were carefully watched for several days. If we started having demon problems after getting anything from yard sales, she would throw it out immediately. I only recall this 2 or 3 times – same with anything from Goodwill.

My mom felt that demons were everywhere looking to fuck with us. I remember being so scared as a kid thinking demons will attack me. Thanks a lot mom for scaring the shit out of me as a kid. I have a 4 year old boy now and he occasionally gets scared of monsters. He has an active imagination as all kids do. If I was like my mom and played on those fears and told him that monsters or demons were everywhere, he’d probably never sleep on his own. No wonder I slept with my mom regularly till I was 7 years old!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

No. I never saw one. As a kid I thought I did but now know it was my imagination.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Btw, i started a thread on pictures of gods at http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/241880/1/Post-God-Goddess-Pics-Here There are some great looking gods! Your mother would have a fit. If you are still afraid of them, it would help you cure that.

S

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

It’s learned behavior.

See: Demons Everywhere! available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/05/demons-everywhere.html

I swear to god you won’t believe some of the crap you find documented at that link.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit