Canadians have nobody to blame but themselves........Fergie Olver.

by Theocratic Sedition 21 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

OMFG!!!!

That made me so angry!!!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My dentist pulled this on me. His nurse just looked on as though it were amusing. I was raised to be extremely deferential to adults. He demanded that I kiss him. I did not want to do so. Part of me wanted my mom there to protect me. Somehow I knew this was not routine. Other adults never demanded that I kiss them. Well, some older relatives that I did not know. After all these years, it stirs up feelings. This should be enough for jail. I did not know how to tell my mom I was not obedient to an adult.

This could be very old. Richard Dawson drived me crazy. Considering he was one of Hogan's Heroes, it truly bothered me. Some English drunk all over you.

I loved "I Love Lucy," growing up. Now I want to vomit when Ricky spanks Lucy or treats her with condescation.

• dazed but not confused
  • Think About It
    Think About It

I watched it again. All I can say is.....WOW, that might be the single most creepiest thing I've ever seen from a TV program.

• DavePerez
    DavePerez

Wow!

I suppose that guy thinks they're never too young to learn the ugly truth of 'quid pro quo' ('this for that', ie you must kiss me to win the game) sexual harassment. That's disturbing, as an entire viewing audience watched it happen (although sexual harassment was just considered the way the World works, and strongly defended by some).

The amazing thing is that the Moms are sitting rIght there, allowing it to continue, seemingly pimping out their own daughters in hopes of winning a trip to Disney World. They HAD to know of the guy's reputation before going on that show.

Btw, some may not notice that clip was edited to make it creepier (eg slowing down his voice, etc). Pretty lame to do that, as it undermines the editor's credibility as the unedited clips are just as damning.

• cantleave
    cantleave

O......M........G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just Like Mom

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just Like Mom was a Canadian television game show which ran from 1980 to 1985 on CTV . A total of 595 episodes were taped at CFTO-TV in Toronto , Ontario . It was hosted by Stephen Young during the show's first season, but from the second season it was hosted by the husband-and-wife duo of Fergie Olver and the show's creator Catherine Swing. Dave Devall announced the series for its entire run. The format was to determine which child and mother knew each other the best through answer-matching as well as the memorable Bake-off Challenge. Three teams, consisting of a young child and his or her mother (or occasionally father), competed on each episode. Repeats aired on GameTV from 2008 to 2010.

Never saw the show, it probably wasn't broadcast on the west coast of Canada.

What is really shocking is that they let this happen under the looking eye of the CRCT a television and media regulation board !

Of course if this was to happen now, the guy probably would be arrested on the spot.

It looks like he exploited his position of the game show to be flirtatious with little girls.

The other disturbing part is that this guy's wife was the producer of the show, so probably she was watching it all while the show was being taped .

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Tis is sooo creepy. By our enlightened modern morality.

Were there complaints AT THE TIME? Did any of the parents on the show express concern? I remember as a little boy being given yucky kisses by relatives. Kissing a child was not seen as sexual, and still is not in France, where a polite child is expected to offer each cheek to visitors.

How many of us older ones can remember going to sit on Santa's knee and whispering in his ears, then being given a hug and a kiss if you were a girl? Shall we round up all the Santas from those days?

We cannot project our own values back in time and condemn.

It was a completely different world then. All sorts of things we now find totally unacceptable came with the territory. Most of us were unaware of pedophilia. Hell - these were the days when a child was called wicked or a liar if they complained.

We all love the story of "Romeo and Juliet" - try publishing a novel nowadays about a romance between a 14yr old boy and a 12 yr old girl. Obvious answer - Shakespeare was a pedophile creep and his work shoud be made unavailabe.

Was this guy ever arrested and charged?

HB

• Think About It
    Think About It

During the clip's ending. The Perv has his hands all over the little girl. Then, when the mother walks up he immediately touches her. Then, when the mother kisses him on the cheek, he gives the universal guy sign for orgasm. It may be all completely innocent, but the vibe he gives off would make be say "Perv".

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Theocratic Sedition>>>>>>>>WHY?????

Didn't your mother ever tell you, if you can't say something "NICE", don't say ANYTHING at all?

YOUR chosen topic WAS NOT NICE!

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY PEOPLE READING THIS HAVE ISSUES WITH BEING EXPLOITED, MOLESTED, USED?

No you don't.

Your post was IMO, made in very bad taste.

Thank you for letting me know how your mind works/doesn't work. I won't bother to read anything more you post.

Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit