athiest this is for you!

by unstopableravens 179 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

So are you a young Earth creationist?

Do you believe the Noah's ark story, in that there was a world wide flood and and family escape with every species of animal on an ark?

Do you believe the Dinosaurs coexisted with man?

Do you believe that the Isrealites were wandering the wilderness for 40 years?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

How can anyone choose to believe it is acceptable to marry the virgin you raped if you pay her father money?

That is in the bible and the acceptable procedure for that eventuality.

And nothing warrants being stoned to death, also a punishment endorsed by scripture.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Punky, no problem, I hope to do some customer visits in you neck of the woods soon, we can meet for drink!!

The challenge is very simple, read "The Atheist Book of Bible Stories" and we each choose a couple of points for rebuttal and discussion.

• cantleave
    cantleave

*waves* at Amelia

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'll ask what original manuscripts from the Bible exist to prove they haven't suffered from 'new light'(TM) alterations like the WBT$ has done to the Bible to prop up their current doctrine?

Why god had it written in a language that died out and is still hard to translate?

What actual evidence outside of the Bible is there for Jesus? (Hey....this is my next thread!)

• cantleave
    cantleave

I want this to be fun for us all, and this book is about as fun as it gets.........Yet I have never had anyone who has read it come up with anything other than, "You need faith" or "Who are we to question God".

Well I am questioning the wisdom of the bible. I am, apparently, made in God's image, I am supposed to be endowed with his logic and morals, so if he wrote this book, why should I not question some of the inaccuracies, fallacies and morals in this book, including those mentioned by my friend Amelia above?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cant leave: i will answer your questions, first off let me say this just so its clear none of the creation questions am i dogmatic about i know i have brothers in christ who believe alittle diffrent on it. and the last questiona bout the 40 years yes i believe that , now the creation question, i lean toward the young earth, prob 10,000 or less, (not set in stone with me) .next i do believe in noahs ark,i do believe in the flood, and i believe in every"kind" ex dog this does not mean , pitbull,german shepard, lab. but kind. i do believe in t-rex and am not sure about coexisting with man, and am not sure about them on the ark(i thought you would ask that).

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

by the way: a simple thank you would be nice i did same something nice about you! lol

• cantleave
    cantleave

OK Great, thanks for the clarification. I am not going to make this a about creation Just the logic and morals of the bible.

If you haven't read this already, have laugh and read this little e-book. Then we will begin.

https://www.box.com/shared/uclytd91jd

The download is safe. It is written by an Ex_JW and is VERY funny. It shouldn't offend you (too much).

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thank You!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit