JW's Sandy Respond Show off

by pixel 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
  • mamochan13
    mamochan13

Interesting the contrast, though. JWs only help each other. THe Mormons were helping everyone. Near the end of the Mormon video he says that Catholics and Islamic groups came by and they gave them yellow vests so they could pitch in. Can you imagine that happening with JWs? The JWs all had their little identity cards and there is no way they would give any kind of "vest" to nonbelievers (esp. Catholics) to let them join in and help.

I was involved in a JW disaster relief many years ago when I lived in Central America. They sent out a call for helpers, but the only people eligible to help were pioneers, COs, missionaries, elders, etc. - in other words, you had to be part of the elite crowd.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Yeah I like the Mormon video. Its a piece of marketing the same as the JW video is, but Mormons actually consider JUST HELPING part of their responsibility of spreading the gospel. I am sure the mormons helped their own as well. Maybe even moreso. But there weren't hundreds of JW's trolling the streets just looking for a way to help the community.

• stillin
    stillin

there is a Mennonite community in my area and, as far as neighbor love in times of dire need, they put 'em all to shame. Quietly, discreetly, efficiently. Then they go home and live consistent lives. Good, honorable people. I respect the hell out of them.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow, they are working hard to improve their image. But interesting, the message is "if you are in the club, good standing, we might take care of you." I am glad they are helping in this disaster, but the message is over and over again, "no one else does this but us. Too bad you are not one of us."

That message works when you are in. You "think" no one else has love, or does a good deed. The truth is the world is FULL of good caring people that do not discriminate.

I can see the majority getting all verklempt at watching this. I wonder if they will play it at meetings?

• cult classic
    cult classic

No mention of how nasty they can be when you no longer believe exactly as they tell you.

Also, it's a lie that you won't find help outside of the org during times of crisis. Such BS!

LOL Chaserious.

Notjustyet, it really does sound as if he said circus overseer. rofl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit