Telephone call with elder today

by simplesally 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amazing
    Amazing

Wow! It always amazed me how JW Elders could admit such errors, and still justify the organization. Maybe his honesty at the end of your conversation is a good sign ... maybe he too will wake up one day and leave the religion. Let's hope.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Its disturbing how Elders can wash over everything bad that goes on in the congregation saying that we are all imperfect and we must keep putting up with one another...then turn around and give a public talk about all the wrong doings of other religions. My mom is not a witness and when I did believe it was the truth I was always afraid of bringing her to meetings because of all the slanderous remarks from so-called 'rightous individuals'. Boy am I glad I didn't convert anybody. Talk about bloodguilt.

• Bang
    Bang
    we must keep putting up with one another...then turn around and give a public talk about all the wrong doings of other religions

That's one of the fundamental things about being a Christian, that nothing someone else does will make you take to scandal, stumble. As John said, he who walks in the light won't stumble, no matter what - even if his fellows need some changing, he'll stay to try, with his life if necessary - and that's the answer to every schism for two thousand years.

Oldhippie hit on it with the tolerance thing, it's just that he's started out in an organisation that's already stumbled. The whole JW religion is a stumbling over others, and to legitamise it they've invented a couple of scripture meanings and blown it up to make out that somehow they're the bonafide speaker for Christ - then try hard to believe the delusion and call it faith.

Bang

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

If they're wrong about the DFing, is it possible they're wrong about A LOT of other stuff?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• out4good3
    out4good3

If you're expecting an apology from a KH stage or the Geezers in Brooklyn, you'd better not be holding your breath.

My wife suffered great injustices growing up that I won't mention by her then elder father and devout mother and although she has since apologised for it, not an apologetic word has been uttered from his mouth.

He's learned from the BG all too well. A real Society Man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit