Telephone call with elder today

by simplesally 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

>>I do know that I am having a "crisis of conscience" here. I am confused because I converted to JW's and now am good for no other religion. I believe in all the tenets but not this df'ing thing<<

Oh Sally! How PAINFUL it is when we see the huge cracks emerge from the perfect Watchtower reasoning! We study, and believe, and accept, and get baptized, and focus on being a whole-souled Witness for Jehovah. And then the flaws appear.

When something REALLY bothers us, we ask our questions, and get runaround answers-----known as weasel words, and these "answers" just don't cut it after a while. When you've heard it told that Jehovah is perfect but his organization on earth ISN'T---cuz MEN are imperfect,and by NOW you KNOW you're patience AND intelligence are screaming for some honesty!!!

You are confused because the Watchtower Society and it's teachings OOZE confusion, change their beliefs when it's convenient for them, and yet will DEMAND loyalty from the sheep---or ELSE!

Disfellowshipping is a tool used to CONTROL the sheep into submission, even when the sheep see and experience nasty treatment, hurt feelings,and outright rude behavior from OTHER JWs, that always seems to be overlooked or excused.

The Society has MADE UP rules upon rules that are found nowhere in any Bible---yet will TELL you that you must comply or you won't be "pleasing to Jehovah". (Just because THEY say so)

It hurts like hell when you realize that the teachings you dedicated your LIFE to upholding....are pure hogwash. The Society has lied before, lies now, and will continue to lie as long as they have sheep who will listen and obey without question. It stinks. They don't care.

I KNOW how difficult it is for you right now, but soon you'll be GLAD you're FREE from that controlling and manipulating publishing company, which is ALL it is.

LB suggested not talking to an elder again (if I understood him right) which normally is good advice (they DO have a way of making your knees buckle and your lip tremble-LOL), but if this creep Elder whose daughter was hateful towards YOUR daughter calls again, I'd give him an earful about his UNCHRISTIAN child's attitude and his condoning her crap towards your girl, and let him HAVE it--both barrels! Let him KNOW you were "STUMBLED" by the whole thing (they HATE to hear that word cuz it carries a carload of guilt) and make it clear that YOU have no intentions of "repenting" for observing "conduct unbecoming a Christian"!!!

He isn't God, he doesn't SPEAK for God, and you don't need to be intimidated by him or any other Elder ever again!!!

Hang in there girl--you have PLENTY of company (and LOTS of understanding) here.

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

........... whole lot of hatred goin' on ...........
    What about trying to turn the other cheek, to stick to the Bible-based faith, and to forget about the serving people? Maneuver a bit and make your own corner, your own space, and enjoy your relationship with God, Christ, brothers and sisters whom you like and who like you - and let the harsh ones live their lives and do not allow them to disturb you.
    I do that now. I resigned as an elder after having served as such for a quarter of a century, and now live peacefully within the congregation, but within my secured invisible walls.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

TOH, hopefully she won't do that because that is propping up a disgusting, life destroying organization that deserves to die an inglorious death of attrition.

You sir, are not doing your part for humanity.

Please get off of your "I can't have been that wrong" ass. You indeed were that wrong. We all were.

• Will Power
    Will Power

sally
    I am sorry you misunderstood my backbone comment, I was adding to the first reply.

Your last comment:
    "He admitted.........yes those remarks are wrong, but what am I going to do?"

He is trying to help, agrees the remarks are wrong, is in a position of authority but has no idea what to do. Deep down he knows what needs doing and depending on how long he has been an elder, he's known this for awhile. Thats where my backbone comment comes in.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for someone who sees an injustice and stands up for what is right, esp. when it could result in personal harm.

Its good you are reading and you will no doubt find plenty of advice here. I am not a JW, just a victim and this board is exactly what I need to help keep things in perspective and soften the edge.

• amccullough
    amccullough
    He admitted.........yes those remarks are wrong, but what am I going to do?

Ummm, maybe apologize? Ummmmm, maybe to tell the brother that gave the talk that he is wrong and needs to apologize? You should remind them of the biblical consequences of stumbling people out of the "truth," especially when they are supposed to be leading the flock (not closing the doors to the kingdom.)
    If you still believe in the truth then I recommend going to a different congregation if you have difficulty with your elders. If you have questions, then research them and don't supress any questions just because they are not in line with what you are told.

• artful
    artful

Sally.
    I admire your courage. As you do more reading you will find that there are many more 'tenents' to question than just the disfellowshipping thing. Good luck in your studies.

TheOldHippie:
    Just curious as to why you feel it necessary to remain within an organization to have a relationship with God and Christ? Do you do this in spite of having doubts about WTS teachings? I ask this question honestly because someone close to me has expressed a similar viewpoint, and knowing your rationale may help me to understand them better.

cheers
    artful

• simplesally
    simplesally

I do wish that the elder who made the remarks would not only apologize to me, but correct his statements from the platform. It was more than embarrassing to sit there and have him say that df'd people are wicked, that they are UNWILLING TO CHANGE and that df'd people are unrepentant and that is the only reason they are df'd. It was such a crock I wanted to walk out.

Not only did he know it was not true that I was unwilling to change, the offense had happened years ago and was not repeated!!

I am reading a book that someone sent me, "A Crisis of Conscience" and it is very good. One thing that I have come across in the book is the part about the hemophiliacs and blood. Apparently they can take blood to coagulate theirs and the reason was because they aren't feeding on it. Never dawned on me before that even a blood transfusion is not feeding on blood, but its like medicine. When I went to a seminar on blood it was revealed even a blood patch (which is your blood removed from you and then components taken out and then put back in you) was ok because it was considered a medical treatment. But still I didn't understand how this correspended to "abstaining from blood" ..... it is out of harmony. Either its ok to take it or its not. But not this wishy washy stand. I think a blood transfusion is way different than eating blood sausage or blood pudding.

So, yes I am researching.

• Pamela
    Pamela

Dear Simplesally,
    I feel your pain! Don't do as I did ,I was df'ed 3 times before I finally left. Whenever I would meet with the elders they would tell me that I was not repentant. I rememeber sitting at the Hall as they made the big annousement about the unrepentant sinner, I felt as if I had a Letter A on my forehead! I can't believe I let them do that so many times. One of the times was for no wrongdoing on my part at all. They have truly torn family's apart and ruined lives. Do your reaearch now and make your decision one way or the other, I think you will be surprized at what you find. It sounds as if your on the right track. Just don't let them manipulate you with a"guilty conscious"Con game. Only you know your heart and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Good luck with your spiritual journey ,I hope you find truth for yourself but mostly peace.
    Truly, Pamela

• Dawn
    Dawn

Dear Simplesally,

I can relate to you totally!! It was so hard for me to decided what to do, which direction to turn my life.

Here's what helped me out:

1) John 14:14 - Jesus says "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it". So pray and ask him to show you the truth - to open your eyes to it. Then,
    2) Start researching. Research the Watchtower past prophecies, research the history, and read your bible all by itself (John's a good place to start).

It takes time - but you'll come to the conclusion that is right for you.

• simplesally
    simplesally

To be honest, I have not been praying in a long while....... too upset and not enough faith right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit