Black JWs voting

by turtleturtle 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

What nonsense Moshe. Again.

Do some research, Republicans get far more "free stuff" than anyone who ever supported Obama.

• trillaz
    trillaz

Satanus Black people vote democrat (Obama's party) partly because the opposition runs part of their politics on villifying Blacks. That is a problem the Right has to deal with though and it won't be solved so easily since doing so has been polarizing. Would it be racist to you if Whites voted against Obama because he was Black? This song and dance can go round and round. Saying either minimizes.

• SophieG
    SophieG

I usually don't get into political discussions...but

i heard about this after the 2008 election! Could it have been a motivating factor was a historical one, to be a part of voting for the first black president why black JWs got involved?

When BA spoke at the 2004 DNC I recall telling a friend to pay attention to this guy, he's gonna be president next. I started following him after 2004, so when he showed up on the ticket in '08 and WON I wasn't surprised.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It has actually gotten very easy to vote and stay under the radar.

Just vote Absentee and mail the ballot in. In many states, you don't even need a reason to request one (i.e. out of town for work, vacation, etc.).

Unless your mail carrier is a JW, there would be little chance of anyone ever knowing.

Rub a Dub

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello Rubadub

The Jehovah's Witnesses preach they are no part of the World and do not get involved in politics

to vote would make them hypocrits ( Somethin' not new )

That clearly show they preach one thing and do another if they vote, and yet

Tellin' folk don't do nothin' about anything " Wait on Jehovah "

I challenge any Witness to despute me about bein' allowed to vote

and it's alright wit' the WTS. No it ain't

Whatever they show me I got somethin' to counteract it in their

own double speakin' words. from their own literature

New light won't work, Obama got elected in 2008, the WT I quoted is from 2010

How in the world can any person in their right mind claim to be no part of the same world

they are required to pay taxes in.

Through in by the laws of Ceasar ( Secular gov't ) which is allowed by God

People have the legal means through a vote. To be able to change things

in a peaceable manner and not have to wait on the kingdom.

The WTS even said themselves:

" Governments maintain a measure of order "______July 1 , 2010 WT page23

Havin' a vote is a orderly way to get things done. It's one of Ceasars things that we should be allowed to do

without feelin' as if we betrayed God

• wasblind
    wasblind

Most of the Congregations in the south are predominanlty black

If black made out like the israerlites and did an exodus, the WTS would be crippled

But no, they choose to stay a be hypocrits ( Shakin' my head )

• moshe
    moshe

Whoever is president, hands out the free stuff- don't you all know that?

• trebor
    trebor

Did someone mention voting?

http://savedfromthewatchtower.blogspot.com/2009/05/voting-what-jehovahs-witnesses-are.html

1950 - Conscience choice - November 15, 1950, Watchtower, pgs 445,446 ‘Subjection to the Higher Powers’1973 - Do not vote - Watchtower, October 15, 1973, pg 627 ‘Why People of All Kinds Are Becoming Jehovah's Witnesses’ & Watchtower, December 15, 1973, pg 741 ‘Earth’s Rulers for a Thousand Years’
    1986 - Do not vote - Watchtower, September 1, 1986, page 21
    1999 - Conscience choice - Watchtower
    , November 1, 1999, ‘Questions for Readers’, pages 28,29

The Watchtower, November 1, 1999, ‘Questions for Readers’, on pages 28 and 29:

"How do Jehovah's Witnesses view voting?...there appears to be no principle against the practice of voting itself...As to whether they will personally vote for someone running in an election, each one of Jehovah’s Witnesses makes a decision based on his Bible-trained conscience and an understanding of his responsibility to God and to State...If someone decides to go to the polling booth that is his decision. What he does in the polling booth is between him and his Creator...There may be people who are stumbled when they observe that during an election in their country, some Witnesses of Jehovah go to the polling booth and others do not...in matters of individual conscience such as this, each Christian has to make his own decision before Jehovah God."

• wasblind
    wasblind

Did someone mention voting?______Trebor

The July 1, 2010 WT claims " true" christians do not vote

" So if your looking for the ginuine followers of Jesus Christ on earth today how can you identify them ? Will they be mixing in the politics of this world ?________July 1, 2010 WT page 25

" ( 9 ) Separated from the world : They earnestly endeavor to be no part of the world, as Jesus said would be true of his followers"_______

Reasoning book page 200

Question: Do the words "FOLLOW THE CHRIST " ring a bell ? Or is the WTS becomin' a " DO AS YOU PLEASE " Organization

Hypocrits

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Whoever is president, hands out the free stuff- don't you all know that?

Actually, it would be Congress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit