Black JWs voting

by turtleturtle 40 Replies latest jw friends

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

I heard from a fellow JW that there was scandal in the DC area because black JWs were voting the 2012 election (or maybe its was the 2008 election). Is this true?

• whathappened
    whathappened

It wouldn't surprise me, you definitely won't run into any other dubs at the polling place. Voting is allowed you know. I think it is in a November 1999 Watchtower. Search for it here in the JWN search bar.

I voted for the first time this fall, it felt wonderful to excersise my rights as an American.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Turtleturtle: I heard the same rumor. Don't know if it's true. I only know I voted and I'm a ex-jdub. I think cult members are finally waking up to the corruption in the BORG and doing their own thing.

Kojack

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS prevents " ALL " Jehovah's Witnesses from votin'

It's not based on race. They do it based on their belief to

do nothin' but " Wait on the Kingdom"

Furthermore, If the black Jehovah's witnesses feel that strongly

about havin' the right to vote

They need to get their ass out of a religion that prevents them from

doin' so. However , Under the guise of religion, Jehovah's witnesses ( who are black ) still

live' under the Jim Crow laws that forbade them the right to vote

in the first place

It's because of a vote, Witnesses can now go out in field service together in the desegregated south

But never mind my rant, Jus' "wait on the Kingdom "

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Wasblind- When I was growing up in the Borg in the 60’s it was always known that Dubs don’t vote.

About five or so years ago, someone hear on the board mentioned that in the 1961 Bound Volume of the Awake magazine he gave the exact page of the article that said witnesses could vote, since my mother had all the Bound Volume in the basement, thank goodness she had one from 1961, I showed it to her, you know how when you show Dubs the truth from their own literature that they didn’t know about they’ll agree with it, but then you mention “but I thought you said you couldn’t vote” then they say “it was an individual matter” which is total BS ? Well, I don’t know what the Hell they believe now, haven’t been to a meeting since the

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Yes, they made a huge deal about it at a circuit assembly when I was still going.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Sorry for the small print above did a cut and paste, and the end got cut off that should say haven't been to a mtg since the 1980's

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I heard it was an issue in some primarily Black Circuits regarding Obama, even amoung servants.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Shirley

" Why did Jesus Not Get Involved in Politics "________ July 1, 2010 WT page 22

That whole section talks about how Jehovah's Witnesses should not get involved

in politics. And How

" Jesus had been raised by parents who obeyed the law even when doing so was inconvenient"_____July 1, 2010 WT page 23

Who ever wrote that article never lived in the south

• wasblind
    wasblind

I heard it was an issue in some primarily Black Circuits regarding Obama, even amoung servants.______Balaamsass

Ha Ha Ha, Whooo !!!!!

There you go. Folks got tired of................................ " Waitin' "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit