Poll---How Many Are Facebook Users & On Average How Often Are You On That Site?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I like facebook. Use it for business. NEVER put your REAL info on it.

I love to snoop on JWs. I have a couple of fake profiles.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't post a lot of daily status updates. I don't post much new stuff on my timeline. I do like and comment on others' stuff though. Sometimes people post the most incredibly vile comments and it's hard to resist holding up a mirror to them.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I check mine a few times a day.

As for personal information, it's up to you what details you reveal. If you're that paranoid about your details use false info.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Although I have three FB accounts I prefer Twitter. Have to say though FB is the best (if not the only) way to catch up with old friends and acquaintances you haven't seen in ages. If you go to a friends page and look at their friend listing that leads you to other folks you've been wondering about.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    If you go to a friends page and look at their friend listing that leads you to other folks you've been wondering about.

Yes, I like that.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've done that too.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I use it maybe 2-3 times a week , but I don`t post much

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm a FB user. I have the BlackBerry App that links to FB. So every hour it updates. Sometimes I check what it about, other times delete the notification. So I'm onl a couple of times a day for about 5 min a time.

• Satanus
    Satanus

A bit of news here:

'Although the company claimed to offer its users a kind of democracy, the social network still made the changes it wanted to its policies. In defense, Facebook blamed its users for not bothering to vote on a topic which received almost no promotion from the social network.

A couple weeks ago, the company opened the polls in a bid to provide its users the chance to vote on how the social network processes people’s information, as well as a plan to get rid of the website’s policy to allow users vote in the first place. However, Facebook has now claimed that participation in the polls wasn’t high enough to reach a consensus from its users.

Facebook’s governance page reveals that about 670,000 users have taken part in vote, with almost 88% rejecting the new changes. Nevertheless, the total number of votes they needed to stop Facebook doing as it pleased was short of the 30% of the website’s billion active users, which the company required to make the vote count. As such, Facebook has taken this as a sign to do as it pleases, though people who did take the time to vote asked the company not to make the changes.

Facebook recently caused an outrage after telling its members that it would be making updates to two policies which regulated the network. These policies were the Data Use Policy, which explains how Facebook collects and uses information when members use Facebook, and the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which explained the conditions regulating the use of services.

In other words, with the low vote count, the company simply did what it liked, while placing the blame solely on its members. As such, user information can now be shared between Facebook-owned services – for instance, Instagram. In addition, the company will remove controls over who can message users.'

Did any of you notice this?

S

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I'm on FB and LinkedIn. I check fb at least once a day.... in case there are new pics of the kids or grandkids. Yoj never know when they will appear! Also keep in touch with classmates and friends. I like LinkedIn for business networking.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit