Single Malt Whiskey. A preference?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Oh and it's whisky in Scotland ;-)

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The only single malt scotch that I occasionally buy is Glenfiddich. I know it's more of a mass-produced product than many others. But I like the taste and it is nice to have on hand when a visitor comes over who enjoys scotch.

I'm not ashamed to say that I just don't get that excited about some of the more expensive brands. I know some scotch "purists" will look at me like a scotch novice but normally, when I drink scotch, it is Johnny Walker Red. About half the price of the Glenfiddich and it has a taste I like.

Rub a Dub

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Sorry Rubadub but did you not read the latest Whiskytower article where it said...

"wise whisky drinkers will always follow the path of the long suffering Angus McToddy who trekked for days through the barren wastes of the Highlands in search of the purest golden water of life. Those with maturity will recognise it is best to be in heart of the organisation, drinking the peat of the word, rather than seeking to dilute their SPIRITual food with some kind of blend. Surely it shows wisdom and discernment to be pressing on to maturity rather than trying to have one foot in the truth and one foot in the disgusting, depraved world of cheap satisfaction."

If you continue in the course of action I will have no hesitation is reporting you to the elders who will pour oil and single malt on you to try and redeem you. Please take the path of wisdom and turn away from your sin now.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Sorry konceptual99 ...

I now understand the falacy of my thoughts and ways.

I will have to prove my repentance when the three Scots with red noses call me in for a meeting.

Rub a Dub

• fedup
    fedup

Bowmore is my fav

I bought an 18 yr old bottle for new year's.

Life is GOOD

• 88JM
    88JM

Laphrioaig for me - a very distinct taste.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I'm sure that the bottle of Glenmorangie will be savored and appreciated, Lois. It is a delicious single malt that is a little easier on the palate than some of the heavier smoky and peaty offerings.

• Adiva
    Adiva

Glenlivet or Langavullin (sp?)

My husband and I went to bar that had a huge collection of single malts. I remember having one that they served in a brandy snifter, it was clear as water and the gave you water on the side. You added a bit and it really opened up the smokey/peat flavor. *sigh*

Adiva

• zoiks
    zoiks

Hi Adiva,

The clearest/lightest scotch in color that I have had is Ardbeg 10 year. Its visual lightness gives no hint at the peat attack that is coming. I love it for its honest no-holds-barred drink-me-if-you-can attitude.

• 88JM
    88JM

Adiva - ah yes, Lagavulin - might have to rethink my first choice. I forgot about the other Islay favourite...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit