humour--UK style

by bigmac 19 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Some of these are REALLY funny, as in truly, LoL

I read Big Mac's joke in the above, but I don't understand it. Can't picture it, but hey, let some time go by, maybe someone else will comment, then I can say, Oh, I get it, now. But...yikes!...4 hours! I've got other things I am supposed to be doing. Guess, I am just relaxing, visiting with Friends on J.net, instead. Oh well. That's OK.

Anyway, Big Mac. You ARE funny, I just don't "get" this last joke. Maybe it doesn't translate well from your English mouth to my American ears. It's OK.

No biggie.

Just Lois

• cantleave
    cantleave

Lois if it's any consolation I know Big Mac, and generally get his sense of humour, but I don't get that one either!

• cofty
    cofty

BigMac's joke - He got down to grab the 10p so fast it hit him on top of the head.

• moshe
    moshe

Toad in the hole and spotted dick - has anyone here tried them?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Moshe - love them both!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cofty - Thanks

• moshe
    moshe

Toad in the hole looks tasty to me- and I would like some good scotch eggs, if I could find them locally. We have a large expat Brit population here in SW Florida- they just opened an authentic UK style Fish n chips place in my town. Funny names- for tasty food!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Toad in the hole and spotted dick - has anyone here tried them?

Yes, both of them.

Toad in the hole is traditionally a 'cheap' meal, though good sausages are no longer that cheap. It takes a bit of skill to get the sausages evenly and well cooked and then get the Yorkshire Pudding to rise well and be nice and crisp around the top.

Spotted Dick is a simple steamed pudding made with suet so it needs a couple of hours steaming. Traditionally made with currants and served with custard. My wife often substitutes chopped dates. Some years ago a council changed the name to Spotted Richard on the school dinner menus as 'Dick' is a euphamism for penis.

Not keen on Scotch eggs though!!

George

• bigmac
    bigmac

BigMac's joke - He got down to grab the 10p so fast it hit him on top of the head.

dohhhhhh --thank you Cofty.

angus---have a teetotal day mate--it will all make sense then.

• bigmac
    bigmac

that coin on the head joke was told me by a circuit servant---nearly 50 years ago!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit