January 2013 warns parents to resist contact with df'd children again

by stuckinlimbo 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have long among yourselves."

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

So this is why my mother hasn't been returning my emails. The last one I sent had to do with the child abuse procedures.

This reminds me of that scripture that says how can you claim to love god that you cannot see when you don't love your brother (or other family member) that you can see.

• Quendi
    Quendi

The more I read on topics and threads like this one, the happier I am that the gulf between me and this religion/cult is only growing wider and deeper.

Quendi

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The continued warnings about not haveing contact with df'd children is because the Governing Body are finding parents leaving the Witnesses who have fellowship with df'd children.

Appearently younger ones are more internet savy and are finding TTATT(the truth about the truth) on the internet. By making unnessasary contact with df'd children many parents must be leaving too. I'm sure CO reports are getting the GB all frightened and so they are trying to aviod a mass exodus as the failed predictions they have made are catching up to them. They according to thier own much used scripture in 2nd timmy says "they have no natural affection" for family ties or children, thier policies prove this.

To avoid a mass exodus the GB will do what ever they can to keep the corporation a live, it don't mean diddly squat to them how many die(no blood, malawi,) or how many families they break up, or how disfunctional and ill prepared for the future they make thier flock, corporation interest guide them pure and simple, not love or natural affection, just corporational conciderations and acting like CEOs.

I'm sure DFings will increase, along with speaking out of both sides of thier mouths, one to the public, the other to the hard core JW about association with family member no longer JWs.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Yep. keep rejecting your own children. Sign a few more death warrants. How I hate this cult.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I will put this on my life. I will NOT allow my children to be baptized as Jehovah's Witnesses. You can take that to the bank.

Unbelieveable what people will do when told to by someone they consider in a position of authority. The entire premise of disfellowshipping, on anything less that molestation, capital crimes, or something super crazy, is just nuts. What scriptural justification is there for shunning someone who does not agree with the GB? Do they even attempt to use one?

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Problemaddict:

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed. -2 John 1:10.

Hope your kids see the light. Do you think they'll want to get baptized when of age?

• Glander
    Glander

Why is a teaching that claims to be iron clad, take it to the bank truth be so paranoid that they would demand that close family not even speak to a family member who doesn't believe it?

This is the dead givaway.

The real control is threat of disfellowshipping. Fear not love.

It used to be you could talk about, la la, recipes, or health problems or the weather. Now that is off limits.

They are running scared!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes these fellows on the Governing Body are frightened so much that they will break up families to keep the Organization a float. It actually seems to be a very small matter to them about how much suffering they cause, Organization survival at all cost. Family happiness and unity are good only if they serve the organizational cause.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

When I see comments like these in the WT, I get the feeling that the GB is losing their war against DF relatives. I remermber this article when it was printed, and it hasn't affected the ones in our congregation that have DF'd relatives. They still text/email/call their DF'd relatives. The article says as an excuse, to not send an unessary email. Well, most of these parents have necessary busines such as babysitting their grandchildren to attend to. Funny thing, sending a note on a pidgeon, hasn't been outlawed yet. The sad thing is that the poor JW parents don't have a voice to express their frustrations, but, the GB seems fit to exploit the publications to voice their comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit