January 2013 warns parents to resist contact with df'd children again

by stuckinlimbo 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

Good morning to you as well

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

how can a child honor his mother and father if he cant talk to them?

• donny
    donny

Yeah they are putting up the fences again.

This past May when I went for my twice yearly visit to Dallas, I met up with my son (now an elder) for lunch as we always do but I could tell from his voice when he called me with where we were going to meet that there was something wrong.

When we met he, on the verge of tears, told me that he was going to have to follow Gods word as close as he could and that means that we would no longer be able to meet together when I visited. He basically gave me a "good-bye dad I love you, but I can't see you anymore" speech.

Needless to say I was quite disturbed at this development but there was no talking him out of the situation.

The my mom called me about two months ago and said that he and his wife will leave their jobs in December and travel to Los Angeles to train to be better ministers and after that they will go wherever the Watchtower Society sends them so they can "serve where the need is great."

This upset me even more as they were quitting good jobs (he is a mechanical engineer and she a teacher) to go on a quest to try to save the Watchtowers crumbling organization.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINLIMBO:

They are simply losing too many people and they are in panic mode.

The last thing they want to happen is for adult ex-JWs to reason with their older JW parents that the religion is crap. However, what they REALLY fear is that elderly JWs will decide NOT to give money to the religion and instead give it to their flesh and blood.

The religion knows this older generation of JWs (who are so buffaloed) is the LAST one with any disposable income to speak of and the only ones with a desire, in my view, to give to the religion. When they die off, the religion is out of luck because the younger generation doesn't have the desire OR the money to contribute!

Their glory days are over.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

This upset me even more as they were quitting good jobs (he is a mechanical engineer and she a teacher) to go on a quest to try to save the Watchtowers crumbling organization.

Maybe your son will wake up learning that he will be having hard time to find another job because of the WT.

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

The WT society faithfully destroying families for over 100 years.I hope the ones on the fence wake up and say no more this is the final straw.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

@donny - so sorry. My bro/sis-in-law are leaving two high paying tech / medical field jobs for the same reason. How do smart people make such dumb decisions? This religion is toxic.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

The need was great in a ramshackle southern Georgia town,where my parents were sent,while the P.O.was sentto sunny Italy...Hmmm.whats wrong with this picture?

• besty
    besty

if anyone can be arsed I'd like to see the actual quote from the Watchtower about not emailing disfellowshipped relatives

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

My sister treats me the way people used to treat black people in the US.Pretends Im not in the room,and when it was unavvoidable,sneering.Her whole family does this.Im sure jehovah must be proud..I guess it give people who are total losers at everything but following orders something to be proud of tho....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit