January 2013 warns parents to resist contact with df'd children again

by stuckinlimbo 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

someone give me the relevant scriptures

- these people honors me with their lips but their hearts are far removed from me. it is in vain they keep worshipping me because they teach commands of men as doctrines.

- the pharisees burden my people with heavy loads yet are unwilling to lift a finger to help them.

The Right to Family life is a fundamental human right. Seriously this df thing is despicable. it is psycholohical and emotional torture which again are violations of basic human rights.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Whenever I tell someone the reason that I have no contact with my mother and brother they are absolutely shocked. I nearly always get the comment, "What kind of religion would do that to people?"

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses - Shunning

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Take the WTS. idealogical concept of shunning people who are having behavior problems to shun these ones, with the todays modern thinking

of getting close to these people to help them out with their problems and you can see some real backward redundant thinking in trying to emulate

the ancient Hebrews.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

After reading sad stories of family wreckage by this tragic religion, I am SO grateful I have no family in the JW religion that I should get down on my knees and thank the creator (by whatever name).

Even though I made a BIG mistake joining the religion and staying at the "party" far TOO long, at least I was able to walk away. I don't care about the few who want to "ignore" me in public. No loss. Of course , I can never get back time lost but it's great to be free!

What a lesson learned!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Thier Df policies can be a cause for future catastropies to them as an organization, it can cause people to snap in a country where guns are easily accessible.

I think they are heaping firely coals to thier chest with this policy. Time will tell but it can make some people fighting mad once they find out the truth behind all the shunning.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to decieve." walter scott

• Skbj
    Skbj

This is interesting and I want to see how my parents will go about it, seeing they need me to help them financially. If they stop behaving as decent parents and start shunning again I have no reason in sending them money :D IT's already been 2 months since I've heard from my mom and last convo was about the WT-UN relationship, so I'm expecting not to hear from her in a long time now as I struck a nerve. The WT might have just saved me a few thousands $ a year who would have thought so?!

• blondie
    blondie

The fact that the WTS keeps pressing this point so often, tells me that the "faithful" are not obeying the GB counsel and that includes elders. How many people did you know that we df'd for associating with df'd jws?

As to guns, jws aren't encouraged to have guns, for hunting only. The only shooting I know at a KH was by a non-jw husband who showed up to shoot the wife and the elder she committed adultery with. Not too many gun-slinging American jws that I've encountered.

*** w88 3/15 p. 17 par. 8 Serving as Jehovah’s Trusting Fellow Workers ***

Thus, a few years ago an elder committed adultery with a spiritual sister who had an unbelieving husband. On the evening that the disfellowshipping of the former elder was announced, the infuriated husband strode into the Kingdom Hall with a shotgun and fired shots at the two guilty individuals. Neither of them was killed, but the next day this was front-page news in the largest newspaper in the United States! Truly, wrongdoing brings reproach.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

finkelstein: The WTS. is known to talk from both corners of their mouths, they say one thing but then they act in opposition to what they've said another time.

Yes.

It's important to remember that the Awake! quote if for PUBLIC consumption while the WT quote is a MEMBERS ONLY piece.

This is one of the most obvious signs if a destructive cult, having separate and different Insider and Outsider doctrines.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The notion that anyone would think that they have the right to tell another person who they can and cannot talk to is completely ridiculous. The only think more ridiculous is that anyone would go along with it.

I admit to going along with it for a while. It's humbling to admit that I accepted this bullshit. But it's because I trusted them. This is why, once I found out what frauds, liars and hypocrites they are, my anger was so great!

00DAD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Only Reason you Miss Your Families..

Is because You don`t Spend Enough Time.

Kissing our WBT$ Pope Ass`s!!..

........................... mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit