most boring television ever

by Hortensia 33 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

There's no way anyone can get through the Dune movie unless they've read the book especially if viewing the original version sans everyone talking to themselves.

• moshe
    moshe

Lord of the Rings was a too long endless quest movie- Conan the Barbarian gets it done in 2 hours.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Hortensia:

Agreed, on most levels. Overly overmuch.

Particular scenes moved me, such as the ethereal landscape of Rivendell and the two lovers coming to terms with their disparate fates, the archery forays led by the lordly elves, the final battles involving the Mastadons and the dead warriors in Return of the King . . .

The talking, drudging trees in The Two Towers [?] made me want to end my boring life.

Gollum -- two-faced creep -- @(&^#^*@)_!

Same with books, especially the mediocre, pulpy ones. Guess that's why I prefer pithy poetry and flash fiction.

Is my attention span getting shorter as I approach my apotheosis?

CoCo Ennui

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I think my attention span is getting shorter -- I turn things off more quickly now when I realize they are duds. I guess HP and LOTR are a matter of taste. But the LOTR movies are too too long on violence.

And yet, I can watch Dr. Who over and over.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I saw one or two lotr yrs ago, when they came out. I have no interest in seeing any of it again.

S

Btw, hort, i'am also sick of tv, which has only a couple of things that interest me, and they are cut up w a bunch of stupid, idiotic commercials. So, i am wondering if i could get you to pm me the addresses that you use to get your tv from the net. Thanks.

• just Ron
    just Ron

Maybe a better title for this thread^. Have not seen any television shows yet like Alf, Dinosaur, and survivor.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I think you are in the minority for LOTR. Never really a fan of Star Trek but I did like the new movie.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Dear Satanus,

I watch Netflix a lot. Also I go to websites like cbs.com, hgtv.com and pbs.com. I can usually watch new shows the day after they are shown on television. Some like HBO and Starz yu can't get online, but that's OK by me. I still have lots to watch.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Huge Star Trek fan. I realize the films are not that good but I grew up with the original series. I was impressed with the Star Trek prequel.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks, hort. I'ld like to cancel my tv, too.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit