JW's in a sports bar

by pontoon 22 Replies latest social humour

• tiki
    tiki

back in the 40's my mother wouldn't go into a restaurant with a bar.....but she learned otherwise soon enough. i never heard of any issues with it.....except you can't stumble anyone, so if you have a reformed alcoholic in the group you can't have a drink yourself. i know of people who won't accept an invitation to another witness house if they have beer/wine/booze in the house they are so in fear of being tempted.....but that's a whole other thing.................

• clarity
    clarity

What is it with that 'Groupie' mentallity?

Not only for meals but you had better not agree to

take a trip somewhere .... without double checking

.......who else is coming!

>

Got hosed...but that is a long story!

clarity

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

does anyone remember that the WT had to point out that leaving a publication is not a tip?

Can u imagine the amount of publications that went into the trash after every DC?

I used to see dubs book rooms and put way too many people in there. What a stink fest that was

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

I know I say a lot of bad things about Bethel, but one of the things they teach the new boys is to tip properly. They said that when figuring if you can afford to eat out, you should always factor in the tip. So if a meal is ten bucks, in your head it should really cost 12.

I am always afraid to eat out with JW's because they are horrible tippers. On several occassions I've had to give the waiter a few extra bucks to cover the poor tipping. I apologize to the waiter for my 'friends' behavior. Even after ou explain WHY tipping is important, the friends usually give an excuse that boils down to 'i don't want to give them extra money.' Fuck em

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Something about JW's. You can spot em from a mile away.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I never had any complaints about splitting the bill. In our group at least, the practice was always to get separate checks. I didn't pay much attention to whether the others tipped properly, but we always did. Given the mess my kids always make, I tip extra.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember once when I was in a new congregation, I didn't know who the cheapskates were yet.

We had a large group of about a dozen of us. No Kids. we all basically ordered drinks and appetizers.

Well the brother who counted the money apparently is very well to do. I didn't know it because he's fairly low key about it. After I threw down my money, (I always put in a little extra on top of the tip just to avoid the inevitable), he asks if I want change. He starts to tell me I have put in too much and I just raise my hand slightly to say no worries. We were still short. I grabbed my wallet to fill the differance and he just took care of it. After that I noticed he liked to have lunch with me after service compared with others.

I guess his $50 beers were a regular thing when it came to dining out with the dubs in that cong.

• perfect1
    perfect1

cheapskates.

• wasblind
    wasblind

What happens when you work for free, and Jehovah don't pay ?????

I`ve seen a JW offer to take everyones money to pay the bill..

Then use the Tip money to pay for her own meal..________OUTLAW

• zeb
    zeb

what is in the head/hearts of these 'people'? that they would cheat decieve lie steal... yep all these things are described above.

In australia tipping is not a custom one of the main reasons is that hospitality staff are fairly well paid so when we pay for a meal its always generously. The wives will alway know the prices and do a quick add up. If its say $45 then put in a $50 note.

There is never a last person left with a bill. Any money surplus will go to the staff via the staff jar on the counter or any charity collection tin there.

aussies pride themselves on being generous not a bunch of tight arses.

Just a few days ago I saw this happen. A pensioner couple sat at a fav coffee shop and looked at the menu and were adding up their money. A old guy another customer said to them "Are you a bit short?" (short of money) and offered then and there to top them up so they coiuld have their little outing meal.

Who was the christian the hypocritical bastards you guys have mentioned or this other... the parable of the good samaritan comes to mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit