Who or what is to blame for the Newtown CT shooting?

by BreathoftheIndianNose 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“And by idiots like Piers Morgan. He said a Bushmaster can fire between 4-6 rounds per second to John Lott. A full auto M-16 assault rifle can do that, but not an AR-15 Bushmaster.”

Yohan,

I’m not so sure Piers Morgan is wrong about that particular point. On one occasion I was at a firing range and watched a shooter bump firing his AR-15. I’d say he was spitting out more than 5-6 rounds per second.

That said, Piers Morgan lost me as a regular audience with his display of utter arrogance during his “Guns in America” show last week. Not only was he extremely rude, he refused to let a knowledgeable participant engage the issue with facts and, worse, misrepresented the issue of gun ownership in relation to intentional homicide in his beloved United Kingdom.

Marvin Shilmer

• Yohan
    Yohan

Bump firing isn't accurate. I can do the same with my CETME but I doubt I could hit a target.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Bump firing isn't accurate.”

Yohan,

It’s still plenty lethal though, and I think that was Piers Morgan’s point.

A sicko intent on mass killing looks for targets of opportunity, like little kids cornered in a room (not to mention other targets I’d rather not mention for fear of planting one inside some sick head).

To a sociopath accuracy means little whereas carnage and inspiration of fear is everything.

That said, what makes Piers Morgan an idiot is not his statement about potential rate of fire from an AR-15.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit