Huh, strange change.

by Slidin Fast 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Hah, this fabled unity is cracking. We in the North of England are starting a schism, soon we will be baptising infants. Ooops, we already do.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

00DAD - "Where are you guys from?" was my question as well. I've lived in the NYC metro area (Bethel congregation) my entire life and have NEVER sat for baptisms during a CA. Lunchtime means time to eat lunch. If you need to see someone get baptized, lunch can wait.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Gosh, this new light took some time to get to us! somebody hasn't paid the electric company.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

things differ from country to country. i've been to a DC in a latin american country where the better seats were paid for. you had to buy a ticket to get up there. was an eye opener for me.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

J. H That is bizarre. Crack after crack.

• zeb
    zeb

yes sacred event but not as sacred as the usually old elder droning on before hand.

A pre baptism talk I suffered was elder long wind droning on adressing the candidate by gender wrong.. twice. Then began to 'close the meeting in prayer' recovered and finally ended.

and the above circus of children running amok and lunch time chatter took hold.

the actual baptism is a sideline to the talk from the platform.

Imagine the apostles standing about with wives and crowds chattering on about events of the day gossip gossip gossip while someone was baptised or have i read the gospels wrong all these years?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

That's how it always was for me. Never heard of being required to sit while the candidates were baptised. They would make us stand while they walked to the changing area.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The writing commitee? Not the Governing Body?

I find that more interesting than the sit or not to sit...

oz

• suavojr
    suavojr

Slidin Fast I have never heard or seen something like you describe. I've been in asseblies in New York, New Jersey, Boston, Florida, DOminican Republic and since the mid 70's its been during lunch and if you wanted to see anyone you would wait to eat.

• clarity
    clarity

Just seems so undignified .... or actually bloody rude!

>

I mean how many weeks spent going over all those questions?

How many hours spent thinking about the event, picking out

conservative apparell.

Believing the elders, that this such a serious, holy event and..

>

kids are are running around, sisters gossipping and

some bozo standing close ...

eating a peanut butter sandwhich just as you come up

for air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit