God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites - What does the bible REALLY teach?

by irondork 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    jeffro, you should know by now i dont pick and choose i believe all the bible.

In that case I'd better not keep you. Surely you have a full day of stonings to take part it. Of course, you didn't actually answer the question either, which was, Do you insist that everyone live by all the rules and social customs of the bronze-age author of this story?

So you believe Adam and Eve were actually real people, and not fictional 'allegorical'? Do you believe all the other stories are literally true?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

yes i believe all the stories are real,but you know we are not under the old covenent, so no stoning here buddy, im surprised you would say that to make a point, no i dont insist all do live by the bible,thats each persons decsion,

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    yes i believe all the stories are real

Sorry to hear that.

but you know we are not under the old covenent,

No, I don't know that. I don't recognise any validity of those so-called 'old' or 'new' 'covenants'. You must be happy you can still own slaves though.

no i dont insist all do live by the bible,thats each persons decsion,

So, on what basis (other than their own personal preference) should this be applied to anyone?:

genesis 2:22-24 man will leave his mother and father,not mommy and momy and will stick to his wife,not stick to his husband,this being said before there were other humans,so we see from the start what familys were to be ,not same sex

Even Christians are divided on whether the story is to be taken literally (most don't).

• irondork
    irondork

@ Perfect1 Thanks for the Daily Show link.

I like what Stewart said: "Leviticus also tells us that shell fish are an abomination but you don't see fundamentalist christians trying to shut down Red Lobster."

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jeffro: first dont be sorry,be glad for me that i have faith second you mentioned the throwing of stones,thats not part of the new covenent which there is no owning slaves or stoning etc. the verse at gen should be appyled to all who want to live by gods way,so no a person who does not want to a worshiper of god is not going to care about gen 2,

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*looks at the wall again*

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    thats not part of the new covenent which there is no owning slaves

Wrong. See Ephesians 6:5; Colossians 3:22, 4:1.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ephesians 6:5-9

New International Version (NIV)

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

Colossians 3:22

New International Version (NIV)

22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.

Ooooo, he's got you there.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

so are you taking thoses verses that christains should own slaves or that those who are slave should be obedient to there masters? where does it say a christain owns a slave?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i want to look into thoses verse thanks for bring them up, i just seen mrsjones posted them,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit