God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites - What does the bible REALLY teach?

by irondork 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• perfect1
    perfect1

Wow. I have been avoiding reading this thread, because of the hate and ignorance I expected it would generate. No suprise here.

Irondork.

I dont know what you are trying to work through here. You have a hell of a lot of patience.

Being gay, lesbian, bi, whatever is great. Not sure why you feel the need to justify it.

I thought you might like this clip from the Daily Show- and also the book by Gene Robinson-

http://www.amazon.com/God-Believes-Love-Straight-Marriage/dp/0307957888/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357079358&sr=1-1

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-december-10-2012/gene-robinson

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

who is showing hate?

• perfect1
    perfect1

Unstoppable, I guess your insistence that you like irondork as a person makes you feel better about yourself.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

no not at all i just simply ask you who showed hate

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

so i guess me being honest and not showing any hate,means i making myself feel good about myself? i dont follow

• perfect1
  • unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

so are you going to show me what was said that can even remotly be taken as hateful?

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

perfect1 comments: quote: "Being gay, lesbian, bi, whatever is great."

Smile! I've got a gay friend who works in an office of about 600 people. This friend has been in has same sex relationship for 22 years. The hets in the office, many of whom are separated or divorced, often say to him, "Gee, I wish I was you. You've got a good relationship, you own your apartment, you have a overseas holiday every year. What a great life."

I know not all gay people have a good life, many are damaged by the hostility engendered by the Jesus people or physically by abuse, but it does seem to get better for people who are same-sex attracted. When I was a kid no-one ever seemed to own up to being gay.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    jeffro really hair color?

Yes. Perhaps you've missed the point. Various genetic traits, such as hair colour or sexual orientation, may be 'anomalous' to those of the parents but are not necessarily 'bad'.

genesis 2:22-24 man will leave his mother and father,not mommy and momy and will stick to his wife,not stick to his husband,this being said before there were other humans,so we see from the start what familys were to be ,not same sex

You do know that story never actually happened don't you? Do you insist that everyone live by all the rules and social customs of the bronze-age author of this story? Or do you just cherry-pick the ones you agree with? Perhaps you're forgetting about the Watch Tower Society's 'satisfying' 'answer' for Where did Cain get his wife? - his sister or maybe a niece... WTF?! Ah, what a perfect source of morality.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jeffro, you should know by now i dont pick and choose i believe all the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit