Do You Take Flu Shots?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

The thing about vaccinations is whether you are thinking about the group or an individual. Individuals may get sick from a vaccination, but as a group WE are all better off if everyone gets the flu shot, the measles shot, whatever.

I take the flu shot every year. I haven't been sick in many years. I also wash my hands a lot when out in public, and I learned not to touch my face until I get home and can wash my hands. It makes a big difference.

Stay well, Stay happy!

• minimus
    minimus

As a former Witness, I'm very leery of vaccinations.

• jgnat
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

NEVER. I work outside in the heat, the cold, rain, whatever nature throws at me, and I rarely get sick. Working away from sick people in offices probably helps. I do fake illnesses to skip meetings.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Individuals may get sick from a vaccination, but as a group WE are all better off if everyone gets the flu shot, the measles shot, whatever.

Yes, I understand the logic.

But to really work, this has to be a vaccination against a static virus - like polio.

Flu is a different animal.

• minimus
    minimus

I doubt that flu like virus that enlargens your heart would be affected by the flu shot.

• mouthy
    mouthy

No I dont get it... I did many years ago & was so sick after I thought forget it!!
    Although my grandparents died from the flu three days from each other...
    In England many many years ago. But if I kick it with the flu so be it gotta go some way at my age....

I dont see many people so cant infect them if I do get it.

• jgnat
  • tiki
    tiki

sometimes yes, sometimes no....this year no............i've had the shot and not gotten sick and all, then sometimes had the shot and got a flu anyway. you never know....there are too many strains of it out there, you can be protected from one, but not necessarily the one that's gonna get you....

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I have been a nurse for many years and never had a flu shot. Rarely get sick. Never the flu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit