Is the Jehovah's Witness religion Christian?

by Zagor Almanah 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

If you say JW is not christian, what in the bible say other churches are better? All churches are in essence the same as JW. There is a heirachy everywhere. JW are not worse than for example Catholics or mormons. The leaders of all churches are the same stubborn. They are like the scribes and pharisees. And you attacking jw are you your self a good christian?

Where in the bible is it said that you should believe in trinity to be a christian?

If you believe Jesus is the Christ and try to keep his commandments, aren't you already a christian?

What value is the Nicene Creed? I see nothing! It was a invented dogma hundreds of years after the apostles. Why ever should we care about it? Better read a good portion of the Bible everyday than listening someone explaining it to you. Your teacher could even misslead you. If a blind leads a blind, both will fall into the pit.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Kosonen

You make a fair point. There are many approaches to what constitutes Christianity. At the end of the day it becomes a matter of interpretation. I am unqualified to offer my interpretation as I no longer have one.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    If you believe Jesus is the Christ and try to keep his commandments, aren't you already a christian?

Depending on what you beleive Jesus to be, yes.

And NO, the accepteance of ANY human doctrines is NOT needed for salvation, only belief in CHrist and all that goes with it.

BUT what do they believe in Christ for? Believe Christ to be?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Kosonen, I am going with the definitions available to me.

There are no "Christians" in the bible. If I were to be, say, a Red Letter Christian, I might say I am a follower of "The Way", which is in the bible.

The first century Christians followed a wide variety of beliefs, most of which would feel most foreign to us today. The Nicene Creed was an attempt to codify and define what is "Christian" and what is not. Gnostic beliefs were spurned. Would you claim for instance that Gnostics are Christian?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

To wrap it up in a nutshell, the Watchtower is not Christian, but I feel that there are Christians who are in it. I also feel that God will call his children out from that place.

Every Memorial they deny Christ when they don’t partake of the bread (Christ’s flesh) and the wine (Christ’s blood), when one denies Christ, that is a very satanic ritual.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The tactic of labeling people as not Christian only causes contention. Why? Because it should be up to the members as to how they view themselves. You take the largest Christian faith on the planet -- the Catholic Church -- and it could be argued that they aren't Christian. With their lavish robes, their long pointed hats, their praying to saints in the exact same manner that the Romans worshiped their household gods. Then there's transubstantiation, infant baptism, the veneration of Mary and papal infallibility.

How about the Methodists and the Calvinists? Again, infant baptism with the Methodists, predestination of the "elect" with the Calvinists. Where does one draw the line? Jehovah's Witnesses don't think people who believe in the Trinity are Christians. Evangelicals don't think Mormons are Christian. These charges simply stir up contention.

I'm not a Jehovah's Witness, and I don't like a lot of their doctrines. I don't believe that Jesus is Michael, but rather, Jehovah, and modern scholars like Dr. Margaret Barker has written extensively on the fact that Jehovah isn't the Father, but rather, the Son, which makes sense. If the Father required an Intercessor after the Fall of Adam, why would he have to wait until the coming of Christ to establish one?

BOTTOM LINE: People should stop trying to be the arbiter of who are Christians and who aren't. If people believe that Jesus is the Messiah, who took upon himself the sins of the world, was crucified, died, and was resurrected, then I'm willing to classify them as Christians and let God be the Judge.

• wasblind
    wasblind

By the definition of the WTS Jehovah's witnesses are the Antichrist

"Antichrist means against or instead of Christ"_______Reasoning book page 32

" If someone says---------

' Christians are supposed to be witnesses for Jesus, not Jehohvah '

" You might reply : " But here is something that may be a new thought to you. Of whom was Jesus " The faithful witness "________Reasoning book page 208

" This is my Son, whom I approved; listen to him_______Matthew 17:5

And Jesus said

" You will be witnesses of me "_____Acts 1:8

And the Jehovah's Witnesses said " OH NO WE WON'T WE ARE " :

"The worldwide Christian society of people who actively bear witness regaurding Jehovah God"_______Reasoning book page 199

Instead of the Christ

• wasblind
    wasblind

People should stop trying to be the arbiter of who are Christians and who aren't________Cold Steel

Hey I ain't trynna do nothin', I'm jus' goin by the words of the WTS

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

No "Christians" in the Bible? Umm! what about Acts 11:26?

However, the evidence seems to indicate that there was no hard and fast "definition" of Christian beliefs.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I note the comment also, that those who "bash" Christians, cannot be Christians? Which raises the question, were the "Christians" who engaged in bitter, internecine feuds in the 3rd and 4th centuries, and who eventually won through to be considered "orthodox," really NOT Christians? If that is so, who then (at that point of time) were the real Christians?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit