Sincere Apology

by Christ Alone 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I just wanted to give an overall apology regarding how I was speaking to people on Friday. I usually don't get so emotional and harsh. But the shooting really shook me up. I think I said some things that were offensive to people, and even if my words were not offensive, the way I expressed myself was.

Like I said Friday, I didn't cry after 9/11. I didn't cry after any other national tragedy. But the shooting on Friday shocked, saddened, and angered me so much, I was an emotional wreck. I'm sorry that I was so harsh on those that were blaming God for it. I had no right to express myself in such a way, especially while those same people were hurting too. If I shocked or angered you, please accept my sincere apology. Reading back over some of my posts, I saw that some of them were attacks on people that disagreed with me and held to a different view. That was both wrong and unfair. I completely understand if some of you guys are still angry with me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It takes courage and humility to apologise C.A, I am sure that any on here who bore the brunt of your feelings will accept your apology with good grace and with thanks.

I too was more affected by Friday's terrible events than by 9/11, partly because 9/11 unfolded whilst I was asleep, having worked through the night.

On Friday I burst in to tears as soon as I heard the news, it was just so, so sad.

Let us hope that at least some good comes out of it, that more is done in a positive way to prevent further tragedies as much as is humanly possible.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Shalom brother.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I too hope some good will emerge from the tragedy. My wife and I were watching some of the media coverage last night. I was somewhat sickened by it. I couldn't help but feel that the media was exploiting some of the families for the sake of a good story. I'm not sure what should be done in light of it though. I think one of the first reactions to something like this is to be angry. After 9/11 we wanted to go destroy everything we could in Afganistan. I personally don't even know where we can begin with keeping this kind of thing from happening so often. Everyone has different ideas. Gun control. Better mental health screenings.

Anyway, I"m just ashamed that my first reaction after being so sad about this was to attack others. Shameful...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So you sounded like a douche bag on Friday. I didn't catch it, so I have no opinion either way. But an apology was offered. ok cool.

There are a lot of douche bags on this site that don't feel the need to apologize for anything they say. I don't consider you in the same league as them

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I didn't catch it either. Emotions run high after something so tragic as last Friday. Go easy on yourself.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Christ Alone ...

We were all upset to say the least. A lot of us express out emotions in different ways (I guess my sarcasm is my outlet). But that day is gone. We don't forget io a greater degree or less, it becomes a part of who we are as persons and as a society.

Take what we have learned about ourselves and others and move forward.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

Don't worry too much. It can make anyone say things regrettable.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Thanks guys. It's definitely been a learning lesson. At least it forced me to see a huge deficiency in myself. Next time I can be more aware of my tendecy to attack others when something like this happens.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

(peace to you) ohh wait is that copy righted by aguest my bad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit