Sincere Apology

by Christ Alone 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Pterist
    Pterist

Some comments are geared just to arouse emotion, like car sales peole trive on getting you all roused up, it clouds thinking ability, bring every thought captive to Christ...while we are in the flesh, its one day at a time, maranâthâ

shalom

• FaceTheFacts
    FaceTheFacts

I've followed your recent posts with interest CA...and I note a tone of sincerity and an honest endeavor to defend your position as someone who believes wholeheartedly in God. It's quite an admirable stance; one that often requires being the "butt" of the jokes made by the overwhelmingly atheist/agnostic population here. I think that's quite respectable...as anyone could compromise their intellectual integrity JUST to appease the dissenting du jour (especially on boards like these). Apology accepted and your humility is refreshing and appreciated!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh brother...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Not sure what you said but judging from how your posts usually are, it couldn't have been too bad. I think everybody was pretty emotional on Friday.

I've been trying to avoid reading any more stories about it because it is just too much.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Someone is trolling for a fight. This ain't the topic for it Facey.

• shamus100
  • problemaddict
    problemaddict

I didn't catch it, but I think its understandable. Who could blame God for something so nuts? This is a complex problem with no solution. Its something that is often irrationally explained using hindsight as preventable. There is no such thing.

I thought of those kids, and tears rolled. I have children now. I didn't in 9/11. That is maybe the main difference.

I catch myself wondering where God was sometimes. My comfort is in knowing he is the God of "the living and the dead" because to him they are all living. It is impossible to make sense out of.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I didn't catch anything amiss, but I am kinda a Aspergery guy so a lot of stuff slips under my sensitivity radar. Carry on bro.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Good for you CA. Friday sucked- I happened to turn on the news around 10am and watched without blinking and it made me so damn sad for those innocent kids and their families.

• designs
    designs

You're alright CA. If tragedies like the shooting of little kids doesn't move us to our core then what could. This will change our Nation and culture. Remember Candice Lightner the mother who started MADD, one person one cause and enough passion to set us on a new and better course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit