You can get disfellowshipped for attempted suicide

by solomon 27 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

They do tend to shoot their wounded. I can't imagine any of the elders from the old hall taking it to this level, but I have heard of similar stories from other halls.

Yet we did have one brother who shot himself to death. They didn't have a memorial talk for him. I don't know if that is some kind of rule, if it was badly handled, or whatever, but it hit hard.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I guess from the standpoint of the elders, they could argue that the attitude of a dead person does not reflect true repentance.

Rub a Dub

• blondie
    blondie

NC, I went to a memorial for a df'd brother who comitted suicide, It was not at the KH but an elder agreed to give the talk (with the elder body's "blessing"). I guess it depends on the elder body. There were about 100 people there, even other df'd jws from the area.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I wonder what the protocol would be if they tried to disfellowship a dead person? Would they need to leave the room and then return with the verdict and announce it to themselves ?

Rub a Dub

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Wow, so loving, kick a person when they are down. It reminds me of my insurance company. My daughter, 20 years ago attempted suicide twice. My insurance wanted to pay only 50% of the emergency room costs on the second visit, I guess on the theory it was your own fault? Problem was, she was a minor and it' s not like I was not trying to prevent it. I fought it all the way, and won, in fact they changed the policy.

• mrquik
    mrquik

We had a sister who tried to commit suicide. Visited her in the hospital . No one ever held her accountable. Is now an elder's wife.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    cobaltcupcake - "Separate the suicidal person from his/her support network."

Collateral damage; perfectly acceptable to any authoritarian high control group in a state of war...

...and anyone who doesn't believe that the WTS regards itself as being in a state of war is, IMO, a fragging idiot... they themselves think so.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

As long it's just attempted suicide it's in the sense equal to base jump.

CP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit