You can get disfellowshipped for attempted suicide

by solomon 27 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    Doesn't say anything about being DF'ed over it

Of course it does. Every time a judicial committee is formed, one possible outcome is disfellowshipping.

And I know plenty of elders who would be only too happy to do so.

• Bella15
    Bella15

As far as I know in Latin America, Yes

• Ding
    Ding

How many attempted suicides are NOT the result of deep despair or major depression?

• minimus
    minimus

I've got a better one for you!

I knew of an ex-Bethelite elder who tried to get a judicial commitee together for the purpose of disfellowshipping a man who had already killed himself! The elders shot it down and he was forever considered stupid by me.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I knew of an ex-Bethelite elder who tried to get a judicial commitee together for the purpose of disfellowshipping a man who had already killed himself!

Min ...

It would have been interesting if the dead man had appealed the decision.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

EXACTLY what I said! This same guy confessed to the District and Circuit Overseers AND ALL the elders attending the elder's school that he had a chronic masturbation problem.

• sd-7
    sd-7

There just aren't any words for this sort of thing. Elders are best at making people feel worse. They have no concept of human feeling, it's in their demeanor, the way they talk, the look in their eyes. It seems that the least compassionate people are best equipped for the position.

It's that sort of stuff that makes it so hard to even try to forgive the ordinary JWs. Because nothing clicks on a basic, human level with these people. Just glad I'm out, you know? Wish I could get away from all of them, really.

--sd-7

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder what the elders would judge as "true repentance"?

What direction does the WTS give elders besides the Elders manual to determine what when attempted suicides would be worthy of a JC?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

minimus ...

This would be gut-busting funny if it was just a joke and didn't affect so many lives.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

The view is that you have no regard for the sanctity of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit