i called a therpist today any advice

by unstopableravens 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

left out , i hope ihave alot to say! she seems nice so i you go in postive!

• jgnat
    jgnat

So that's the key, unstopable. Her tie is family pride and heritage. I bet she isn't too keen on one doctrine or another even.

Any insights on what her personal interests are outside the WTS?

• Scott77
    Scott77

thanks guys, where the two at bethel jws?
    unstopableravens

I do not know but Billy the Ex-Bethelites knows at least of them.

Scott77

• jgnat
    jgnat

Another thought. As a multiple-generation JW, her family must have some black sheep. Has she kept in touch with all her family?

• cog_survivor
    cog_survivor

That's great! Therapy has helped and is still helping with issues from my cult past. Just don't be surprised that other baggage may show up as well. In my case I'm still working through some family issues that contributed to my parent getting involved with cult.

Be patient with yourself. It takes a while to unlearn and relearn but this is a postive step towards healing.

So glad the person you are seeing is familiar with JWs that will help a huge amount. Can't tell you how much time I had to spend trying to make the ones I've seen understand.

Don't be surprised if the wife is closed off and rejecting during the session. I dragged my Mom with me to one of mine and even though I tried to make it as non-threatening as possible (no accusations, trying to explain how I feel and what I want from life) it was like having teeth pulled without anesthetic. I second what "Left in the Cold" says. Keep any sessions with the wife low level about the JWs.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

So glad you took this important step, unstopableravens! The best advice is be honest ith yourself and your therapist if you plan to truly benefit from your sessions.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thats it i have no other plans but to be honest! jgnat, outside the cult she like, movies,going out to eat,vacation , spas, and games mostly wii

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yes, counseling will help. I think you should go alone sometimes, so you can really be honest with the therapist. Trying to tell the truth while sparing your wife's feelings during a counseling session could become exhausting.

• jgnat
    jgnat

She's an EXtrovert!

You can certainly reduce the time she spends with the WTS. Every time she plays 'hooky' from the WTS, after reassuring her that she is still "approved", do something on her fun list!

Time away is good because her natural personality will shine, and she will be less influenced by the WTS dogma.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: i really hope ,we will see how things go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit