i called a therpist today any advice

by unstopableravens 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scott77
    Scott77

unstopableravens,

Tell wifey that the Watchtower itself had previously two psychologists at Bethel to provide professional counseling to bethelites. This Watchtower society organisation play double standard. Your wife needs to know that.

Scott77

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

be honest with the therapist. I'm proud of you for taking the step to help your life improve.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thanks guys, where the two at bethel jws?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

ravens: she doesnt want the org to look bad

Of course, it's all about the organization and their precious reputation!

Don't worry, the only reason they look bad is their own fault, not yours.

00DAD

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yaay! She is going with you! Keep your expectations realistic. I tried counselling with my hubby. He sabotaged it by passively agreeing through the sessions and then telling me privately afterwards they were a waste of time. Aaargh!

So focus mostly on what you can learn from these sessions.

Bravo for doing your homework! Perhaps you can take it along to the counsellor's. Did your homework give you any insight on what is important to your wife?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat ,her family and her familys heratige,her grandfather was a sda pastor and got his whole church to become jw,and it was in a yearbook i think,thats the familys proundness. i think you have something for me? lol

• sizemik
    sizemik

Sound move. Well done.

Advice? Never take anyone with you. Even though the therapist will allow it, in my experience, it never works in these situations.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's just like voting, do it early and often.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: i think ill need for awhile but hope not to long. sizmike when you say anyone you mean wifey as well?

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

Oh, that's great news! Everyone needs someone to talk to. I wold only add that if you think your wife might ever be inclined to go with you, tell her the therapist agrees not to discuss anything JW related. (Tell your therapist. Make sure he/she understands your wife's fears.) Therapists are trained to draw people out. Most JW's hurt. They have pain, and they eventually want to talk about it. After a couple sessions of counseling together,it will come up. By then, perhaps she will trust the therapist enough to discuss it. If nothing else, you now have an outlet. You have someone to share your burdens with. It can be a very liberating thing. But the first couple sessions can be very difficult having to go into your past, etc. please give it a few weeks. It does get much better and can be very, very healing.

Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit