Lest we forget the religious right's view of today's tragedy....

by EntirelyPossible 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Huckabee Fuckabee.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My MIL used to beat her sons every so often for no reason at all, she called it "General Principle" and she explained it to me as this:

they got whoopin's on GP whether I knew they did something wrong or not. It is to cover the wrong doing I don't know about.

The result? My husband hates his own mother. I think she did it to instill fear and she liked doing it because she would brag about it years later.

Using fear as a sole course of control can backfire.

• prologos
    prologos

But President Obama too, in his speech today said " God has called these little ones home" so even if he was not fox'es favored, he still implies that God somehow came out on top, is "calling" when children are massacred. remember london, coventry, auschwitz, dresden, hiroshima, uganda too. makes you cry.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

My MIL used to beat her sons every so often for no reason at all, she called it "General Principle" and she explained it to me as this:

they got whoopin's on GP whether I knew they did something wrong or not. It is to cover the wrong doing I don't know about.

The result? My husband hates his own mother. I think she did it to instill fear and she liked doing it because she would brag about it years later.

Using fear as a sole course of control can backfire.

Fascinating concept. I wonder if she really believed it and rewarded them every so often for doing something right, to cover the good works she didn't know about. If so, it would be consistent and show that she may have really believed that principle. If she didn't, then she is likely just a mean old hateful bitch.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Anybody who watches him will realize he has a simplistic approach to anything. Guys like him and my 2nd husband, who was a JW, want there to be simple reasons and simple solutions for problems.

When they worry that God has been removed from schools, I think more so what they are saying is that the value of human life isn't what it used to be. I think he is saying that kids are not being raised to value other people, because in his eyes, teachers have been told to leave God out of the picture. But really, Huck is longing for that simpler time when manners were taught and good citizenship, respect for adults, rules and teachers.

I came along in the years closely following the removal of prayers from school. When we were being disciplined, we'd be sent to kneel in the corner and think about it. I didn't think at the time that not long before, we would have been sent to pray in the corner. But respect for adults, fellow students, rules, morals, authority was still strong at the time.

One boy was expelled, not suspended, from school for telling his male teacher he was going to "bust him in the mouth." He was a 5th grader who was very troubled. He and his family lived on my street. We all knew adults weren't going to put up with us being anything but orderly and respectful. We didn't mind that at all, the rest of us kids. It made us feel secure.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" I wonder if she really believed it and rewarded them every so often for doing something right, to cover the good works she didn't know about."

My husband said no, his mother never rewarded them for being good. There's was a lot of negative reinforcement. In public and private. She liked to slap them in public. The private discipline was worst, she used fan belts and billy clubs.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mrs. Jones, what was life like for your mother in law, when she was a child?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You know, that's the question that keeps running through my mind. She had to have gone through something traumatic. She has this "I'm gonna get you before you get me" attitude and believes everyone thinks just like her. She claims to like me but I think it's just cuz she can't figure me out. I'm too quiet, not a weak quiet.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't know how she couldn't like you.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Being quiet can be more powerful than running your mouth.

I had to learn this one, mostly from my son.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit