Hello to everyone - new member from Scotland - just registered and wanted to introduce myself

by 88JM 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• cantleave
    cantleave

I LOVE a nice Scottish whisky.

Is there any other type?

• 88JM
    88JM

Lol thanks for addressing my concerns. Maybe having a few whiskies before I post my story isn't such a bad idea...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

88JM,

If you're scared of being outed, either don't post your story, or change some of the details so it doesn't point to you. None of us will know what details you've changed.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome 88JM from Southwestern U.S.A

• Big Mama
    Big Mama

Good on ya' ......welcome aboard

• 88JM
    88JM

Broken Promises - I think you might have the right idea. I'm not sure how creative I can be though...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just put in stuff that is mundane, but not true of you as an individual that you have seven kids or something, that should be enough to make it deniable as your story,

" sorry Bro ,it must be someone else".

Awaiting your story with interest. Especially the "waking up" process.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hello 88JM -Welcome to the forum, hope you get the strength to post your story and know you are amongst friends.

On the Scottish front, have been and visited waaay back when I was a JW, stayed with mate in Loch Lomond and went to a couple of meetings there. Love the place, so very beautiful.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Hi 88JM

I live in the wonderful city of Edinburgh.

Left the org around 6 years ago. Didn't so much fade as just, well, left.

Believing only around 20% of what the witnesses believed was only going to end one way. Remarkably, I lasted quite a number of years as a witness despite the problems I found in/with the religion.

If you ever want a chat, just message me on here.

I understand the feelings of issolation, doubt, fear & the need for freedom.

Cheers

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit