Hello to everyone - new member from Scotland - just registered and wanted to introduce myself

by 88JM 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Welcome to the board form California!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How really cool that you've signed up and are posting. Welcome, welcome and more welcome.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yeah! Another new member. Welcome our Scottish friend.

Your friend, whathappened, from the Midwest, USA.

• elm
    elm

Hi welcome, I'm from Darlington live in Cornwall and have family in Inverness look forward to hearing from you

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Welcome and congrats on your fade!

While I'm American (Seattle), I have the privilege of getting to visit Scotland often for work. I work for Diageo, the drinks giant. I am an ambassador here in the Pac NW for their whisk(e)y portfolio, so I get to visit their many distilleries in Scotland, as well as Bushmills in N Ireland.

Hope you find comfort and support here. Next time I'm in Scotland, I'll buy you a pint and a dram.

-Breck

• cedars
    cedars

^^^Awesome job!^^^

I LOVE a nice Scottish whisky.

Cedars

• scotsman
    scotsman

Hello 88JM, if you want to have a chat with another ex JW LGB Scot feel free to message.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

Welcome to the forum. I was a special pioneer in Clydebank many years ago. My son is a recent graduate from Glasgow University - I think hisway of getting to know Scotland beats mine!

• 88JM
    88JM

SkyGreen – I can't think of anyone who fits that description – I should point out that I'm in the west of Scotland, and it's less likely that I know them if they are on the east. I know a few from here who have married and moved down under though.

FlyingHighNow – thanks for the welcome hamper - this is my kind of forum indeed!

Elm – hello, yes I do know one or two from Inverness as they come over for public talks now and then.

Low-Key Lysmith – sounds like a great job. I was skeptical when Diageo bought one of our local distilleries, but they seem to leave them to run it how they like, and don't tamper with it. I also have a friend in another part of Scotland that is a tour guide for one of the distilleries. My favourite whisky is probably Laphroaig.

Scotsman - Yes, I'd be very interested to hear from you. It's not so easy being in a rural place here and being in those circumstances.

Rob Crompton - I do know a couple in Clydebank just now - S.T. and E.T.?

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

S. T. and E. T? Hmm. no, the initials don't ring bells but it's a long time since I left - mid 60s in fact when Bill Walker was Cong Servantg and Bob McClean was Assistant Cong Servant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit