The January 1st Watchtower Admits That JWs Have Been Wrong As To Their Expectations Of The End!...but

by minimus 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding
    Consider this example: A lookout in a fire tower might see what he thinks is a wisp of smoke on the horizon and sound what proves to be a false alarm. Later, though, his alertness could save lives.

So is the GB really Jehovah's sole channel of communication to humankind in the last days?

Or is the GB more like a habitually mistaken lookout who falsely cries, "Fire!" every time he thinks he sees "a wisp of smoke"?

What good is a smoke detector that constantly gives off false alarms?

Shouldn't a wise person disconnect that worthless smoke detector and replace it?

And, really, isn't the GB more like the little boy that falsely cried, "Wolf!" in order to get attention. be considered important, and watch people cower in fear?

• Splash
    Splash

"Don't you worry about about providing for yourselves" said the King,

"Just spend longer in your fields to provide for me and my palace".

"Even if you are too frail and old, I will graciously accept a mere 15 minutes of toil in the fields each month".

"But should you fail even this, I will send some some princes to make a thorough enquiry".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Full admission is a very painfull thing to do when your in life is centered on a cherished delusion. They need help where is Bishnu thier psychiatrist to help them? He should be encouraging them to make a full confession it is good for the soul or mental health but no good for the future of the corporation's profits.

• Ding
    Ding
    "Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way, he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning -- yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!" -- WT, May 1, 1997

1. In the last 125 years, what religious group has had more signs and predictions frustrated than the WTBTS?

2. How can JWs read this and not realize that it describes their own organization?

3. How can the GB publish this and not realize that it condemns themselves as "self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning?"

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think this admission will cost them as many publishers will find this very troubling causing thier doubt and exit.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

jgnat and Splash, great additions to the story!! We should really flesh this thing out! Where is Donut-hole when you need him. This could be a great eye-opener for some, just like King David hearing a story about someone stealing sheep.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Like weathermen

Or like Italian volcano/earthquake scientists - just scream out gloom and doom every day, on the off chance that something MIGHT happen.

That way, your butt is covered if something DOES happen.

Of course, this suffers from the "chicken little sky is falling" syndrome - pretty soon nobody listens to your nonsense any more.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Ding "1. In the last 125 years, what religious group has had more signs and predictions frustrated than the WTBTS?"

So to the point and plain as the nose on your face obvious ... yet overlooked by every mentally in JW.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

I wonder what REALLY prompted them to publish this article?

I hope it's decling number.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Happy,

It is definately a business decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit