"Must you stop?"

by cedars 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

No, that's not a line from a rude film. It's the title of a brief article on page 3 of the latest February 2013 Kingdom Ministry, which reads as follows..

"When sharing in field service, some publishers customarily stop at a certain time, perhaps at noon. Of course, the circumstances of some may require that they end their field ministry at a specific time. But do you discontinue your preaching simply because others in the group do or because it is the custom in your area to stop at a certain time? Could you extend your ministry for a few more minutes and engage in some form of public witnessing, such as street witnessing? Can you make a return visit or two on the way home? Think of how much good you will accomplish if you find just one interested person at home again or if you place just one more set of magazines with a passerby! If we do not have to stop, staying out a few minutes longer is a simple way to increase our 'sacrifice of praise.'—Heb. 13:15."

The message is clear. Don't have a break. Don't go home after you're done with the ministry. Just keep going...

hamster wheel

Cedars

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

The zealous people who would have a late return visit that kept us out past 12 always drove me nuts.

• Splash
    Splash

How many ways can you write "DO MORE!"

Splash

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

+1 DPL. Gawd I hated it if I got held out til around 1pm. Got things to do!

I'm seeing more of this nonsense in the KMs though. Slacking must be reaching an all time high! Oh well, as soon as they start counting those placements for e-mailing books and brochures from jw.org, numbers are going to skyrocket!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They love to crack that whip, don't they?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s could get more Field Service time in..

If they stopped..

Eating and Sleeping!..

....................... mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe
    if you place just one more set of magazines with a passerby (the real reason)

- Wow, if a million JWs did that 4x next month and paid for them, that's going to be a nice bump in income for the WT-

• 00DAD
    00DAD

OKM: "Could you extend your ministry for a few more minutes ... ? ... staying out a few minutes longer is a simple way to increase our 'sacrifice of praise.'—Heb. 13:15."

Sure, I'll stop at 12:03 instead of 12:00 sharp. That'll no doubt get me on Jehovah's good side!!!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Nathan Knorr (Watchtower president 1942-1977) once wrote and published a letter explaining why Watchtower has established all the busy work it has, and why it piles on as it does.

Here: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/02/why-unrelenting-pressure-for-more-and.html

The rat-mill Cedars shows above is pretty much what Watchtower has constructed, and it's done it intentionally.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Are they really concerened about publishers talking at lunch after service? Really these guys just want u to think about the WT 247

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit