"Must you stop?"

by cedars 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

How dare you want to take a break from the hamster-wheel of JW life: Everlasting Life, Life Without End at Last!

Life as a JW

There's someone out there somewhere that doesn't have the lastest 16 page issues of the Watchtower and the Awake!

Now get to work and stop whining!

00DAD

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

If you knocked on any-ones door between 2pm and 4pm in Spain they would likely set their dogs on you as it is Siesta.

If you stayed out you would get heatstroke.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

But do you discontinue your preaching simply because others in the group do or because it is the custom in your area to stop at a certain time?

NO, I'm just frickin hungry! Why is that a problem?

• Ding
    Ding

more... More.... MORE!!!

• blondie
    blondie

I think you can (I know you can) go back 50 years and find this "encouragement." I never saw any jws go out past noon, most stopped at 11:30 and s aid they were making a RV on the way home. Most jws hate going d2d and going in the afternoon on a weekend (unless you are aux pioneering) and have to make up time (those that give the impression of being honest about their time). It seems to me that those that are supposed to be the examples, elders and their families, and doing less and less.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

[Will just give most current JWs a reason for more coffee breaks and maybe add lunch in there too.]

8:45 Meet at Kingdom Hall for territory assignment, a few words of wisdom, read the Daily Text, and finish with a group prayer

9:00 Leave for territory. Located less than a mile a way, we'll have to take the long way around through the next suburb, to avoid heavy Saturday morning traffic. We'll do a couple of "not-at-home" revisits on vacant houses while in that area.

9:45 No one was home at the two vacant houses, although we knocked several times and waited on the porch for about 15 minutes hoping someone would answer the door. The fact that there were For Sale signs in the front yard, no curtains on the windows, and not a single light on inside, did not deter us from making the extra effort to preach the good news to whomever might still be there.

10:00 On our way back to our assigned territory, we stopped at Starbucks for coffee and a jelly-filled donut.

10:30 After we finished our coffee, we all had to visit the restroom.

10:45 We leave Starbucks and continue our trip back to the territory.

10:59 Arrive at territory

11:15 After determining which side of the street each couple will work, we begin our preaching work.

11:30 We've finished the first street. Only called on three or four houses on each side of the street. We skipped the ones we thought were watching football, having breakfast, or using the bathroom. We also skipped the ones we remembered as being "not interested" the last time we were there (we wouldn't want to waste Jehovah's valuable time on evil doers). We also suspected that one of the houses on that street is inhabited by an apostate JW. We couldn't remember whether it was either the white house or the blue house on the north side, or if it was the green or brown house on the south side. So, just to be safe, we skipped all of those houses plus a couple of other white houses that might also qualify.

11:50 We've finished the second street. Only about three people were home and none were interested. We walked by the two houses where people were outside mowing their lawns or washing their cars. Wouldn't want to disturb them since they were obviously busy. One of the sisters needs to use a bathroom, so we pile into the car and proceed to the closest McDonalds (they have clean restrooms there). We decide to get coffee and cokes while there. It takes quite a while because we hit the lunchtime crowd.

12:30 One of the sisters says she has a "go back" that she'd like to hit before we end our morning.

12:45 We dump our coffee cups and get back in the car. We drive three miles to complete the return visit.

12:55 No one is home (house looks vacant), but the sister and her companion knocked on the door and waited for about 8 or 9 minutes on the porch just to make sure.

1:05 We head back to the Kindom Hall to get our own cars.

1:20 We notice that some elders have been meeting inside the Hall all morning. They were there when we arrived at 8:30 and remained at the Hall after we left for field service. Long morning of meetings for them We stop to chat with them for a few minutes.

1:30 Leaving the Hall for home. Stop on the way to pick up a couple of grocery items.

2:00 Arrive home and close out our time.

Wow! It's been a long morning. But 5 hours spent in Jehovah's Kingdom Service is always time well spent. I may actually go out in service again later this month so I can get my 10 hours. (BTW - I don't count the time I spend at the Kingdom Hall in the morning. I don't feel like that is really "time spent in service.")

Time for a nap...

JV

• Londo111
    Londo111

I’m going to speculate since we don’t have the full service report for 2012. But perhaps the US field service hours dropped in 2012? Therefore, to edge these figures up in 2013, they are trying to get enough people to do just a little bit more. Maybe the thinking is that by doing 15 extra minutes a week, maybe a publisher could count an extra hour at the end of the month, and if enough publishers do this, it can raise the average.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

They do receive the monthly reports so a trend may be to less hours per publisher. How many fingers do u have to put in the dam to plug all the holes?

These next few years should be interesting. How many different ways can u count time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit