France : no more local bank accounts for congregations

by fifth.column 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

I suppose now there will be local talks about not using too much electricity, water, and toilet paper since 'such and such' neighbor congregation is exampler in their low costs.

Chaserious, yes, I expect the France government is watching them very closely, and the WTS sees France's suspicion and is trying to do something to dodge it. The WTS is clearly more concerned in saving their money than any saving anyone's lives.

• fifth.column
    fifth.column

I agree that it may be a precaution due to the situation in France. For the same reasons, some years ago, they decided to move a lot of facilities to London or Germany.

The letter did not give a lot of details on how it will work. But it is starting very quickly, at the beginning of 2013. I don't know if it was planned months before, but it was a surprise for a lot of attendees (according to their faces).

If the letter is on the board, I will try to take a picture with my smartphone. I understand your doubts, no problem, it is my 1st post.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Welcome Fift.Column, thanks for the update.....Interesting

• cofty
    cofty

Please let us know if you get more specifics.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Are KHs titled to WBTS or locals ? Anyone ?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

some BOE letters or a news article would be nice

• St George of England
    St George of England

If you can't have a bank account, how do you send money to the branch?

Surely they are not suggesting stuffing notes in an envelope and posting?

George

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am saying nothing until we have solid verification of this...

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

St George - I imagine that the accounts servant will just pay the cash into a branch of a bank where the society's main account in France is held.

I too would like to understand, if this happens, how the utilities bills will be paid.

Also, if the local hall doesnt have an account anymore, I can see a lot of 'deed of covenants' (or their French equivalent) being cancelled & not re-instated for the large account.

People simply will not double their contributions to the WWW. Everyone will view themselves as a poor congregation.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to the forum and the news you related is amazing. Would appreciate a viewing of the actual letter for specifics, but often times they will have a portion of the letter to the cong and a portion with the specifics to the elders only.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit