Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses not allowed to carry a weapon (for protection) during field service?

by I_love_Jeff 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I believe you may (and are perhaps encouraged to) carry a firearm whilst witnessing in parts of Alaska.

Evidently, Jehovah's burly, bearded, lumberjack-style angels are no match for a Grizzly.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yet, they are required to do field circus in areas where this is likely to become an issue. Jehovah's Witlesses go into territories where they are likely to be attacked in cross-fire in gang activities, to get robbed, or to be exposed to dog issues. The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger will shame anyone that refuses to go into territories known to be high risk, or that refrains from knocking on doors where the householder is likely to attack unprovoked. You are dedicated to Jehovah, you do what Jehovah orders you to regardless of your risk and expense. And Jehovah has the option of laughing at you while you suffer, without rewarding you in any way.

I wonder if some hounders are going to extend this to such items as high power flashlights. Those things can be used to hit an attacker, or blind one (especially if working after dark), in a self-defense situation. They are also good to defend oneself against sudden situations where it gets dark abruptly (such as a blackout after dark, or the lone squiggly thing in the hall that has no windows blowing out when you are at the top of the stairs). Leaving one defenseless forces one to trust in the most untrustworthy being in the universe, who actually wants the human race enslaved and devoid of any pleasure.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ILJ:

In addition to the liability issues and hypocrisy about not serving in the military, I don't think the religion even wants militant followers who will defend themselves. They want mindless docile people sitting there and it wouldn't cut it for them to be carrying a weapon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit