If you are fader, how do you handle assignments etc.

by Slidin Fast 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think giving a Public Talk would be the hardest to do since there is often someone following along with the outline confirming that you are covering all the parts.

In the Ministry School, there is more flexibility in what areas you want to focus in (except for the Bible Reading, which is now just strictly reading). If something bothers you, don't highlight that point. However, if the entire topic is problematic (i.e. higher education, employment choices, etc.) then finding a reason to switch would be a good idea.

Rub a Dub

• RoosterMcDooster
    RoosterMcDooster

I grew a beard, which is another story in itself. That took care of any assignments for me!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

The beard would do it!

So is anyone here an elder still, simply for the sake of this community? I had thought about taking one for the team.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Moeshe, love your cartoon! I notice the most ethical brothers who step down from the platform, "little-toe" and many others do not want to enrage the "holy spirit" or be hipocrites. Remaining a elder when you have left the Organization mentally, knowing there is nothing you can do to change Bethel's mind, is something my weak-conscience could no longer tolerate. My life experiece full of men who were half-hearted even though they did believe all the spew that came from WTS was bad enough. Wow, I can't imagine giving parts when I believe I am backing a evil organization, it's to ulcerating dude!

Ray Franz and Ed Dunlop should have lied and kept their fine place at Bethel, they were both great speakers with scholarly skill-sets. I am sure if they just waited until all their nemesiss died off, they could have made a huge dent? If only Jesus Christ had kept his mouth shut during his interrogation from the "High Priest" Caiphias, he would still be alive. It's a game I hated as a kid, watching and listening to kids give parts on going to "Bethel", "we will pioneer" or "Gilead Goals" when I knew they had no plans, because I sold them drugs in high school.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey there Arboles,

You may not mean it this way, but I would be careful to automatically associate being ethical with stepping down. i think there are so many unique circumstances at play, it is hard to draw an ethics line for everyone. Even in your post, you think it would have been better for a couple people to not tell the truth do they could make a dent. I am sure locally some brothers may feel the same way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit