Preppers and prepping.... thoughts?

by EntirelyPossible 38 Replies latest social current

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Real preppers do not let people know that they are prepping, and they do not let others know what type of supplies they have. They know that they would be in danger as everyone would go straight to them if they were hungry and in need of food, etc. especially if things were to get so bad that people were willing to kill for food.

Preppers also know to buy a few pairs of pants that are a few sizes too big. That way, it will appear that they are losing weight, even though they really have food to eat. Rule number one is to not draw attention to yourself, you need to look as hungry and in need as everyone else or you will be targeted for your belongings.

There are websites devoted to prepping, and you will find lists of common sense things that you will need if things get bad. They even show you how to do things that you never thought possible, for example, you can start a fire with your pee!!! Seriously, and it works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YAu2Dsh_Zc

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Prepper = being prepared = being prepared for anything. Could be unemployment. Could be major storm. Could be loss of electricity.

All people should be prepared by having solar powered or crank radios and flashlights. Batteries. Food and water. Anything you need to be able to live as comfortably as possible in an emergency should you be forced to survive alone while waiting for services or help. Depending on where you live, it could be enough for a week or a year. I always think this is kind of funny because it's like organic food - used to be normal food you grew without all the pesticides and modification but now you pay through the nose for what was always normal growing - preppers are what most farm folk, northern families and people living through the depression always did out of common sense and necessity. Now it's fashionable or some sort of conspiracy show that points to a few people going off the deep end hoping to survive the end of the world.

I would rather be sitting in my apartment in NY city with a radio, flashlight, heavy duty sleeping bag and lots of food/water etc, than be like the woman I saw during Sandy who walked down 29 flights of stairs to power her cell phone and look for something to eat right after - it's sad that people can't figure out what to do so they can survive an electrical outage that lasts 3 days.

sammieswife

• Glander
    Glander

OCB - Preppers also know to buy a few pairs of pants that are a few sizes too big. That way, it will appear that they are losing weight, even though they really have food to eat.

Kind of like Hansel and Gretel and the blind witch! LOL

"Let me feel your finger!" said the witch to Hansel every day to check if he was getting any fatter. Now, Gretel had brought her brother a chicken bone, and when the witch went to touch his finger, Hansel held out the bone.

"You're still much too thin!" she complained. When will you become plump?" One day the witch grew tired of waiting.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Again, there is a big difference between being prepared for an emegency (you can't prep for all of them) and thinking the world is going to end...emergency preparedness is a great idea. End of the world prepping with a bunker and 100000 rounds of ammo is looney

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

LOL!! Loved your video cowboy!

(Think I will stick with the fresnel lens in my wallet )

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The non preppers are already on teevee a lot.

They are the ones on after a storm or disaster, whining about how FEMA isn't bringing them water, or they have no diapers for their baby.

You really don't want to be a non prepper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227307/Hurricane-Sandy-Misery-2-5-million-STILL-power-days-lawlessness-fear-over.html

• Glander
    Glander

Why even bother to have a candle and an extra can of soup? We have FEMA!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

FIRST.....Did JW's actually ever teach that you got the mark of the beast by voting? Someone said that but I would really like a refference to an article or something.

On EP's comments - These people are building bunkers, stocking up on MREs, canning meat, buying surplus medical equipment, as many guns as they can get their hands on, etc. I think they are loons. The funniest ones are the ones that think Obama is somehow going to cause all of this and are saying they will refuse to help any of the leeches and takers that voted for him. Somehow a lot of this gets tied into politics.

I totally agree. I think people thrive when they have something to believe in right around the corner (see the religion of our youth), and this is no different. it gives them momentary purpose. i also suspect lack of education, fear mongering on the part of some, and generally a high suceptibility to right wing radio. :) The show is funny. I am sure when Dec 21st comes around and nothing happens, they will still be on high alert for a while. What a mess.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh yeah, I honestly mostly forgot about the 2012 nonsense.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit