What would Jesus think of Crosses everywhere?

by Simon 100 Replies latest social humour

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Defiling a mountain?

LOL. Cute.

If that cross is on private property, I guess you have to live with it, like it or not. It means something else to a vast number of people. Freedom of speech and all that jazz.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Here's a tribute to Jesus. A lovely monument on a mountain in Rio de Janeiro.

I do like these cloud shots.

This one at dusk is nice.

Dawn.

Green for this year's Earth Summit.

During the day.

It is Brazil's most visited place. I can see why. It "defiles" it.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Beautiful, botch!

NC, so would you consider the American flag an idol?

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think that is hideous, and have no interest is seeing that in person.

What a beautiful view spoilt by an ugly statue.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

What a beautiful view spoilt by an ugly statue.

Art to one is not art to another, I suppose.

I think that is hideous, and have no interest is seeing that in person.

If Christianity is right, you will see Him and bow the knee.

Phil 2:10 - that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Romans 14:11 - It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'"

I guess we will either not see...or will see. We will see...

Please don't get mad at me. Just quoting scripture...

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Oh well, everyone sees things differently I suppose. But it is considered a beautiful work of art, and the largest statue ever done in the Art Deco style. It is a globally recognized landmark, no matter what your personal religious beliefs are. This year UNESCO named it a world heritage site.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I guess still thinking thinks this is a hideous display (or maybe defiling):

And the Native Americans are working on "defiling" this mountain in honor of Crazy Horse.

"My fellow chiefs and I would like to let the white man know the red man has great heroes too."

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Snap, botch! You're on fire!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah, I do think they are hideous too.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    "Alexamenos worships his god".
    Not terribly flattering.

No. It isn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexamenos_graffito

Interpretation

The inscription is accepted by authoritative sources, such as the Catholic Encyclopedia, [18] to be a mocking depiction of a Christian in the act of worship.

So the grafitti is is a mocking depiction of Christian worship. Sound familiar? Some things don't change even in nearly 2000 years, do they?

This thread is a case in point. We have Simon's Graffito kicking it off as the original post. And there are plenty of others. Maybe the person who drew that was one of Simon's ancestors.

Mock away. Christians are still here. And we will still be here when you've gone the way of the person that drew the above. Nothing you can do will change that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit