Mighty Led Zeppelin Soars Again ! New CD/DVD of 2007 London Concert .....

by flipper 38 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
  • eva luna
    eva luna

Hey there Flipper

It was a very special day. I went with my little brother. We would also hit many midnight showings at an old theater to watch 'The Song Remains The Same " . Kind of early MTV type stuff, dont you think?

The 70's concert we saw was one of the last in the US . Robert Plant's young son died, so they canceled the rest of the tour.

Crossing fingers, hoping they tour again too.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

man i agree completely with mr freeze. zep needs to deliver to the fans who have kept them in the cd player. and those fans want a chance to see led zepplin. trust me when i say that the chilli peppers dont need JPJ. to stop performing to be as good as the peppers have always been. come to think of it, to hell with jethro tull and pink floyd and all of the bands who think they are too good to grace us with their over priced concerts. american bands cater to the fans... willie nelson, still rocking... jerry lee lewis, still rocking...ZZ top, C.C.R. even eminem. but the who and the stones rocked too.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

and nc, anyone can learn a song that has already been composed. it is just not the same. not an awfull version but stairway is consistantly on all top 10 lists of greatest rock songs. a copy just doesnt have the feel or the understanding of the composer.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter
    and nc, anyone can learn a song that has already been composed. it is just not the same. not an awfull version but stairway is consistantly on all top 10 lists of greatest rock songs. a copy just doesnt have the feel or the understanding of the composer.

I know that fakesmile. In my earlier post, I had said I will probably never get to see Zeppelin live, but have gone to see Zoso. They were written up in the Rolling Stone as the best tribute band. I was just suggesting them for some that may want some of the experience---which is a lot of fun. You don't have to go see them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't think Led Zeppelin will ever die out. The members will die off, yet this fine music will be remembered and enjoyed just as much in the year 2100 as it was in the 1970s. That is, unless some filthy religious fundamentalists manage to get this fine masterpiece (along with anything else that mankind has done to our good) removed thoroughly from humanity. Led Zeppelin music deserves to live on--and, even 10,000 years later if we are left to enjoy it, it will still be around.

And yes, there is good reason why Led Zeppelin's boxed set is the most popular boxed set of all time. I myself have a copy of it, and I highly recommend it. Even if you have teenagers, let them listen to the boxed set of Led Zeppelin and see if they still want to listen to the crap on the radio these days. I believe the old Led Zeppelin would handily beat out most of the alternative rock that passes for "music" these days.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

NC, i got what you were saying. i would check out zoso if the opportunity arose. but what im saying is that there is no reason you should not get a chance to see zepplin. when 90% of the world wants to see you in concert, no other project really matters. even the WHO still tour, perform, and ROCK. tho townshend cant windmill anymore... probably arthritis.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yeah, I hope I get to see them one day. Nothing can compare to the real thing. I did see Plant after he went solo. And JPJ at that bluegrass concert. I neve saw Page, although my friend did with The Firm. As I recall, she made it to the stage when body guard threw her. What the hell you gonna do? We wee teenagers. LOL

I'll have to post that pic I got a little later.

• flipper
    flipper

NEW CHAPTER- Thanks for the youtube of Zoso. Cool stuff ! I'm glad you got to see Plant and John Paul Jones at least solo. Like yourself - I do hope these guys get back together and make more music writing some new material. I think it would rock for sure !

EVA LUNA- I'm glad you got to see Zep when they were performing. It was so sad when Robert Plant's son died. Plant went through a lot of pain with that and getting in a horrible car accident in the mid 70's where his wife was almost killed in the wreck. Then with Bonham dying in 1980 it's like a sad kind of negative Karma started hitting the group. Like yourself, I do hope they get back together and record new music together again. It would be really cool.

FAKESMILE- John Paul Jones did NOT perform with Red Hot Chili Peppers- he just got together briefly with Red Hot's drummer Chad Smith and did a group thing with him and I believe GooGoo dolls Dave Grohl called " Them Crooked Vultures". Nobody could replace Red Hot Chili Peppers, I agree, they're probably my favorite current American band still performing. Your dissing of Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin shows that you don't comprehend the schedules of these performers and you're just looking at it from strictly a " fan " basis - David Gilmour HAS performed live in the last few years releasing the concert in Gansk with former Pink Floyd bandmates Richard Wright and Nick Mason. A Led Zeppelin reunion would be widely accepted.

WT WIZARD- One thing that is totally cool to me is like you said Led Zeppelin's music will always live on. It really please me that my 27 yr.old son really digs Zeppelin's music as well. Hell, my son loves the Beatles music too ! We saw Paul McCartney together in 2005 ! I think a lot of the music from our generation of the 60's and 70's is some of the best music that was written in the 20th century. Just my opinion

• flipper
    flipper

Here's another great song from the Celebration Day concert in 2007 ! Well, well. It looks as if I'm having trouble getting ANY live youtubes of the 2007 concert now as any site having clips of the concert are being blacked out due to not wanting it to infringe on the sales of the Zep Celebration Day CD/DVD most possibly . Understandable. Oh well , here's a great song that was live at the Celebration Day show :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1yUvdQnERk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit