If there is a creator, will an expanding universe ever become bigger than he?

by prologos 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

" it was "smaller" than the "Creator"* at that point in time. point in every way."

There's a problem in that assumption, as in this one " If He existed before the physical universe, where did He live?".

If one believes in a supernatural creator then one must also believe that he/she/it didn't have to be of a certain size or 'live' anywhere.

In the world of the supernatural anything which is imagineable is possible (and everything that isn't). That's the whole point of the supernatural.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

How about this idea, the infinite universes/multiverse is just a thought or everything that exist, exist as thought event or psychic event product of thought, space, time, other dimensions, are all just thoughts, and God too is a thought and we are all in this supercomputer of thought processing thoughts.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

We've discussed it on other threads, but God does not exist in the physical universe. When parents ask their kids where God is and they point up, that's wrong. That referrs to a physical location. 1Kings 8:27 says "But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!"

That scripture doesn't say heaven or heaven of heavens is not a physical place.

You can also think about it philosophically. If God created the physical universe, then He existed outside of it. If He existed before the physical universe, where did He live?

Where did I live before I built my house?

How about this idea, the infinite universes/multiverse is just a thought or everything that exist, exist as thought event or psychic event product of thought, space, time, other dimensions, are all just thoughts, and God too is a thought and we are all in this supercomputer of thought processing thoughts.

Welcome to 1999.

• prologos
    prologos

mr. Grundy, you live on the GRoUNDy, because you are material, naturally.. There was no material before the BB, or in the singularity. but if we agree there must be creator, creatrice, she/he obviously was super natural, non-material, not immaterial. "god" did not need a ground or reason to stand on or to exist. god being eternal, is therefore existing in eternal time, which is a non-material, supernatural dimension. thank you for helping me along.

yes, thinking about it, time is the one dimension that the universe shares with the creator as far as we can tell, the fairy tale afternoon "walk in the garden" notwithstanding. But if you live (like god) in an eternal STRETCH of time does that not imply size? it does on earth! "---adding one cubit to your life ?---"' blessings.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

The question assumes a physical dimension to a creator, which would seem unlikely.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The question assumes a physical dimension to a creator, which would seem unlikely.

So what are talking about?

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

" but if we agree there must be creator, creatrice,"

We don't.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

There is a scenario that scientists have played out called the Big Crunch. In this scenario the universe will stop expanding and eventually collapse in on itself. Due to gravity all matter will eventually be pulled into black holes, then the black holes will all fall into one another. My thinking is that this would trigger another big bang and the cycle would continue forever maybe. Then again, I'm no astrophysicist.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Why? He walked around, had emotions, has an address, knocked up a woman, sat down and chatted with people... all of those are physical things.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

yes, thinking about it, time is the one dimension that the universe shares with the creator as far as we can tell, the fairy tale afternoon "walk in the garden" notwithstanding. But if you live (like god) in an eternal STRETCH of time does that not imply size? it does on earth! "---adding one cubit to your life ?---"

Time as we understand it is tied to our universe. I don't think God who is almighty is limited by a creation of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit