If there is a creator, will an expanding universe ever become bigger than he?

by prologos 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

the bible has expressions like: "--god walked in the garden at the breezy part of the day--" . but more realisticly, speaking in today's lingo:

If, as accepted by consensus, the universe was "smaller" in the past, expanding out of a zero size singularity, it was "smaller" than the "Creator"* at that point in time. point in every way.

WHEN-or at what SIZE or at all would it become larger than it's maker? When and Size are related since they are described by known dimensions.

*for the purpose of this discussion lets assume that the universe did not creat itself, was not a random fluctuation in the created vaccum.

• xchange
    xchange

Is this the sort of question like how many chocolate chips can you stuff in a chocolate chip cookie before it no longer exists as a chocolate chip cookie?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Like, can you escape your own fart?

S

• prologos
    prologos

no its not a frivolus question, I have thought about it for many times sitting and blasting my chair at the KH. and there is a real created universe out there expanding as we write. so there must be a real answer which I like help and input with. blessings.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I understand that not only is the universe expanding but the rate at which it is expanding is increasing. Which means that at some point the rest of the universe will be too far away for us to see. Now that's a thought ...

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

We've discussed it on other threads, but God does not exist in the physical universe. When parents ask their kids where God is and they point up, that's wrong. That referrs to a physical location. 1Kings 8:27 says "But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!"

There are 2 natures. The physical nature and the spiritual nature. God is a spirit and exists not in physical, but a spiritual reality.

So no, the universe (or the heavens of the heavens) will not outgrow Him because He is not bound by physical laws anyway.

• cantleave
    cantleave

There are 2 natures. The physical nature and the spiritual nature. God is a spirit and exists not in physical, but a spiritual reality.

Citations and evidence please!

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I assume some of the scriptures would be apparent because nearly all of you were JWs at one time. John 4:24 tells us that God the Father is a spirit. The verse I gave you in 1Kings shows that the physical heavens cannot (and do not) contain God.

You can also think about it philosophically. If God created the physical universe, then He existed outside of it. If He existed before the physical universe, where did He live?

• Satanus
    Satanus

My answer sounds frivolous, but it isn't, really. Think about it.

S

• cantleave
    cantleave

If He existed before the physical universe, where did He live?

Why "He", surely gender would be unnecessary for such a being that lives outside of time and space,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit