What was the worst thing an "elder" ever did to you ?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blackbird Singing
    Blackbird Singing

I would have to say the worst thing a elder did to me, was because i finally had enough of him coming on to me...over a couple years time ( we were both married) and I finally told him to take a hike and I also informed another elder about it(that didnt go over so well). A short time later my than 13 yr old (baptized) son got in a little trouble(really just normal 13 yr old stuff), they formed a JC, both those elders were on the JC, Publicly re-proved him, Local needs talk about him the next week, I actually called this Elder the night before the talk and said if he even hinted my Sons name, I would be calling my attorney, his response"Are you suggesting I go against what the society recommends"?, He did not say my sons name in that "talk" but the damage was done!! I still to this day cannot believe I let my son go through that, one of the biggest regrets of my life. My son is 32 now, but still will not talk about that time in his life, it was so humilating and painful to him! Blackbird

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

With the way I left, there wasn't much room for them to play any kind of games with me (besides the annoying judgmental visits). I would say it was approving me as a pioneer as well as ministerial servant and not allowing me to resign on my terms.

It turned out for the best though only because I worked up the nerve to tell them what was what.

Definitely nothing terrible, especially compared to some of the stories on here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit