What was the worst thing an "elder" ever did to you ?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

The worst thing an "elder" ever did to me was in 2008. I was in one congregation, but I wanted to return to my home congregation because I've been reproved there twice ( once private and the last one public ). When I came into this congregation in 2007 I thought I was going to move up the food chain ( this congregation was full of older people, so I thought I would move up faster ). but I got into some trouble in the congregation. When the last reprove happened everybody changed up on me, so I said you know what I'm gonna go back to my old congregation. This is where the story and the "elders" there get very corrupt; I've been at my old congregation for about 7 months the P.O came up to me out in service he said: Hey Pitchess the "elders" in so & so congregation never sent your publisher card . I said oh I'll just go there and talk to the brothers. "

When I went there the "elders" made it seem that they forgot to send my card and it was all one big misunderstanding . Ok now two months go by, and still no publisher card. I found out over time that the "alpha" elder thought I went back to my old congregation because I "running" from judical reprove", so it became one congregation against the other. In the end beat the "alpha" , and got my card to my new congregation.

Central Compton Congregtion was the where it happened ( thanks Carl Ford ) .

• perfect1
    perfect1

a- based on what you are saying it sounds like their idea of why you did what you did is accurate

my answer is: The worst thing an elder ever did to me was pinch me very, very hard.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Stand on the stage and say "i now pronounce you man and wife"

• perfect1
    perfect1

LOL EE

• Emery
    Emery

I had a COBE from an old spanish congregation tell a good friend of mine to be very cautious of me because (and im serious here) I wore sandals with blue jeans to a graduation party. We all thought it was hilarious.

However...this elder one day began telling all the JW's who worked for him (including my friend) that I had confessed my gayness to several elders in the english congregation. What is so stupid about all this is that I didn't attend this COBE's hall since I was a child! I went to the graduation party with my then girlfriend. He didnt know anything about me or had conversations with me in years! So upon hearing this I called him up and confronted him about these comments. COBE got real loud, defensive, and talked down to me. I then threatened to set-up a meeting with him and his Circuit Overseer for slander. After notifiying him that I had witnesses willing to testify about his remarks he got really panicky and denied everything. COBE then made an emergency home visit with me and my family which included the presence of my good friend testifying against him. Of course he found himself in a tough spot and began having amnesia, claiming he didn't remember saying any of it. COBE then proceeded to kiss my ass and my family's ass, even bringing up, what should be, confidential information regarding brothers confessing their homosexuality. In the end, we felt pity for him as he was shaking and trembling the entire visit, although we knew he was lying we let it go. COBE left our home and we never heard from that guy again.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

In my old hall years ago, I had finished the Bible reading I was assigned on a Thursday night, and walked back to the sound booth where I was in charge of. The theocratic ministry school overseer started counseling me on my bible reading and, he noticed I was'nt looking at him while receiving my counsel.

So he said over the platform " kojack pay attention to me when I give you councel " that elder was the biggest ass I ever knew.

Kojack

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I know what you guys and girls were thinking .lol

I had confessed my sins that I did up to that point . The whole thing started a few months after I left. It started after the 2008 Memorial , and my family and I went to Chill's . I saw Carl Ford ( the "alpha elder" of Central Compton Congregation ), and I asked him about a rumor that I heard (f.y.i, the rumor was that Central Compton & North Compton was going to be combined ). He got an attitude and started saying some really condescending things to me, and he ended the conversion by saying : "we'll talk ". Carl Ford proceeded to hold my card for another four months . I seen him at the district convention and I "apologized" ( faked it ). I got my publisher card all of a sudden . hmmm

• moshe
    moshe

Pvt Kojack, pay attention to me when I give you councel! (could have been worse)

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hey Pitchess,

Dont worry about answering to me-

I dont believe in the WTS, their authrority, or the concept of sins to confess.

Maybe I misunderstood.

I dont even know how a missing publisher card is a bad thing.

So good luck to you!

And you too can shrug off their authority over you and live your life without worrying about this kind of BS!

• blondie
    blondie

perfect1, an elder in my congregation was "pinching" the sisters and they were afraid to say anything. Even the husbands were afraid. He tried it on one sister though, she broke his finger (he was too much of a coward to say anything)............no more "pinching."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit