Is there any specific scripture(s) in the bible that say you will not survive armageddon if you are an inactive publisher?

by solomon 36 Replies latest jw friends

• rickisteel
    rickisteel

ROMANS 10:13,14 seems pretty plain to me that preaching is what God wants people to do

for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” f

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” g

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I can play this ame too. Romans 10:5-11 says:

" 5 Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.” [a] 6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” [b] (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’” [c] (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” [d] that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,”and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."

The scripture says if you believe with your heart you are justified. Then you profess your faith but the scripture doesn't say it a requirement. The professing is because of the joy felt of being saved but has nothing to do with saving. Works are not a requirement to be saved, faith alone is the requirement. Jesus has done all the "work".

Ephesians 2:8-10

" 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Titus 3:5-8

" 3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirshaving the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a trustworthy saying.And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

• rickisteel
    rickisteel

put the last 2 posts together and you have a rounded view, i guess neither is wrong both are required

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

One is more important than the other. One is a result of the other. One can't save. Guess which one.

• rickisteel
    rickisteel

faith is first then , i guess

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You learn fast.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

My hope is in the resurrection....."of the unrighteous"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest