Is there any specific scripture(s) in the bible that say you will not survive armageddon if you are an inactive publisher?

by solomon 36 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

"Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it."Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12

"During the final period of the ancient world that perished in the Flood, Noah was a faithful preacher of righteousness. (2 Peter 2:5) In these last days of the present system of things, Jehovahs people are making known Gods righteous standards and are declaring good news about the possibility of surviving into the new world. (2 Peter 3:9-13) Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovahs universal organization."Watchtower2006 May 15 p.22 "Are You Prepared for Survival?"

"If we stop actively supporting Jehovah's work, then we start following Satan. There is no middle ground." Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.18

"They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovahs organization is essential to their salvation." Kingdom Ministry 1990 Nov p.1

"There would be "a great crowd" out of all nations who would not experience death but would have the prospect of living forever on earth. Are you among them?... The great crowd support the small number of those with heavenly hopes, who take the lead in the preaching work. Those of the great crowd are pictured as being marked for survival. (Ezekiel 9:4-6) "The mark" is the evidence that they are dedicated to Jehovah, baptized as disciples of Jesus, and involved in cultivating a Christlike personality." Worship the Only True God (2002) p.124

"So the visible congregation of Gods people has something to do with the provision of salvation today. Indeed, it has an important place in that provision. Every congregation forms a small part of Gods people. We cannot remain outside the organization of Gods people, separated from it, if we want to have Jehovahs protection. Jehovahs spirit and his angels all tend to a bringing together in unity of thought, aim and action. So there is a vital connection between Jehovahs protection in the antitypical city of refuge and His visible congregation of spiritual Israelites, supervised by the faithful and discreet slave." Watchtower 1967 Aug 15 p.499

http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/salvation-only-for-jehovahs-witnesses.php

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Think about it. All of those poor people that have gotten illness, such as dementia. Now they are hospitalised and can't publish. Will they die at armaggedon?

I believe that the spreading the message of the Kingdom is important, but, the ORG goes overkill over it. For instance, on Saturday mornings, over 80 % are recorded as not at home. However, because the ORG says that the door to door ministry is a mainstay of our worship, they demand that we persist in wasting our time in that form of witnessing. I remember one CO comment about the telephone witnessing. The the telephone work was being instrumental in locating people, still he told us to not neglect the knocking at the doors. So what is behind this?

The ORG wants to give the image that we are active and busy. It's all about the PR. Sadly they will guilt you into achieving this image. They had it right awhile back they published who would die at Armaggedon, I quote, "Only those encourageably wicked will die at Armaggedon" If you know what that means, you will have the answer to your question.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Why do we need a scripture? There are plenty of Watchtower publications that lovingly provide this information through the spirit appointed faithful and discreet slave.

In case you are not sure who the faithful and discreet slave is, there are plenty of Watchtower publications that also lovingly provide this information through the spirit appointed faithful and discreet slave, including the latest ‘understanding’ of who the faithful and discreet slave are/is/was/may be.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Bible says whatever any man or group of men need it to say. If it doesn't say it very specifically, just ask that man or group of men to explain it.

The Bible is the greatest asset of people who want to manipulate other people because, somewhere within it, both sides of most issues can seem to be supported.

If Fred Franz and Nathan Knorr could have gotten away with it, they would have added specific texts to the scriptures that say exactly that "you must distribute the writings of the Watchtower Publishing Company and do everything to enrich that same company."

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

isn't there some threatening scripture that says that if you don't warn the people, God will kill them anyway (total dick move) and then "ask their blood back from YOU."?

• a watcher
    a watcher

"He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters." (Matt 12:30, Luke 11:23)

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The WT went from publishing 128 pagees/month to 32. Have they lost their zeal? Do we need to give them a shepherding call?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Almost every doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses and their evil empire is based on inference and conjecture of scripture. It is all pseudo-deduction.

"Jesus said, 'Go therefore and make disciples. Baptising them in the name of the father, and the son, and the holy spirit.' So, Jesus commands us to preach and, if you don't, he'll kill you for being disobediant at Armageddon." - Watchtower logic.

In over 3 decades of being a Witness, after literally thousands of hours spent in the "door-to-door ministry" I never once "made a disciple" and, unless you're an elder, you never baptize anyone. So, it was all for not according to scripture.

I'm now a devote aethist, but I still study scripture. At this point I can tell you this much: Just read what Jesus said in the 4 gospels. That is all christians can truly rely on. The "apostle" Paul was not a christian. Frankly, I'm buying into the conspiracy theory that Paul taught falls way short of what Jesus intended and he did it on purpose for a specific reason.

• blondie
    blondie

16 = Awake

16 = Public WT

32 = Study WT

64 pages? (I know not as much as public...8 million+ copies/monthly)

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Sorry, blondie, I mean 128 for preaching and door knocking. I wasn't considering the Study WT when I wrote that. You are, of course, technically correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit